New Friends and Apologies

Y/n's POV

I went on my tippy toes to grab a book that I wanted. Right now I was in the library looking for some interesting books to read. Also to do some homework. Mainly homework. On a Monday of all days! It's not that I'm not caught up. It's just that I got lot's of homework that teachers assign us. That's just how high school works. I had also taken care of the bruises that those fangirls gave me the other day. I'm glad the bruises weren't so bad on the visible places. Though there some really bad ones on my arms. So I gotta wear long sleeves for the time being.

I was in the middle of my math homework when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see two guys with textbooks in their hands.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit here? All the other spots are taken." The dark brown haired guy asked. I nod.

"Go ahead." I respond going back to my work.

"My name's Matsukawa and that's Hanamaki." He says as they sit down.

"Y/n L/n. But you can just call me Y/n." I smile.

Time Skip

"You actually did that?!" I laughed.

"Yeah and it was hilarious!" Hanamaki shouts. The librarian then kicked us out for being so loud. I had made good friends with Hanamaki and Matsukawa. It started with us just talking and then we started joking around with each other. They were really nice and really fun to hang out with. I learned so much about them.

"Great, I barely got anything done." I sigh remembering all my homework.

"Sorry about that." Matsukawa chuckles. I shake my head.

"No, it's fine. I had fun with you guys today. You guys are honestly pretty cool." I smile.

"I could say the same thing. Not a lot of other girls like you. They only wanna hang out with us to get close to Oikawa. But we can already tell you're different." Matsukawa explains and Hanamaki nods.

"Thanks I guess. I'm just not a fan of Oikawa. I don't really like people like him to be honest." I admit.

"Well that's good. At least we know we can hang out with you more. If you were a fangirl, we probably wouldn't have stayed." Hanamaki says.

"To be honest, any smart person could see through his fakeness. Well I'll see you guys around then." I smile and walk away.

"Bye Y/n!" Hanamaki yells and Matsukawa waves.

Hanamaki's POV

"She really is a nice person. On top of that, she doesn't even care about Oikawa or popularity or stuff like that. We can trust her. She has a good sense of humour!" I say and Matsukawa hums in response.

"But what did she mean by Oikawa's fakeness?" Matsukawa asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. Who cares anyway."

Y/n's POV

I was about to walk through the school gates to get home until someone called out my name.

"Y/n! Wait!"

I turn around to see Oikawa. Some people were staring at us. How many times do we have to do this?! I couldn't handle it anymore. So I ran. I ran away as fast as I could. I knew running away from your problems wasn't the best solution but that's what I wanted to do. I could hear him yelling my name but I ignored it. I had ran away and avoided him several times that weekend. It was annoying but I kept doing it. But every time I did, my heart felt like it was going to break. I was confused, hurt. I didn't know what I was doing.

I ran as far as my legs could take me. I didn't care where I was going. I just wanted to get away. I stopped running, thinking that he gave up, but I felt someone tackle me and we both tumbled to the ground. I looked up and saw a certain brown haired boy.

"Get off of me!" I yell trying to push him off. But he wouldn't budge.

"Y/n please! Just listen to me! Please..." He looked me straight in the eye and I stopped squirming and I felt like I was about to cry. No... Please...Don't...

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Y/n. I know that I hurt you that day, said some mean things, things that I can't take back. I regret it so much! I thought about it everyday, even now. Y/n please...Please forgive me. I was stupid back then. I want things to back to the way they were before all that happened..." He expressed. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. At this point I was crying. Why do I have to go through so much pain? Why can't he just leave me alone and forget everything?

"You changed so much back then. You didn't hang out with me and Hajime anymore, even though we stayed by your side. I cared about you that much that I stayed. Your fangirls would bully me and beat me up and you didn't even know. We were there for you but you weren't there for us. And those things you said to me that day, it hurt. It hurt so much coming from you. You were someone that meant so much to me..yet...you..." I couldn't speak. I just bawled and my heart was in so much pain.

Oikawa then sat up and hugged me as I cried. He stroked my back calming me down. I cried on his shoulder. For some reason, I felt comfortable and safe in his arms. He just repeated the same thing over and over.

"I'm sorry Y/n. I'm so so sorry."

I had calmed down and I wiped my tears. I then thought of how much I missed this. How much I missed him. We both stayed silent until I punched his arm really hard.

"Ow what was that for?!" He yelled rubbing his arm. I smiled.

"Because you're stupid and to make me feel better." I reply. He laughs and we both stand up.

"So am I for-"

"No."

"What?! But I-"

"Not until you get me some manga." I laugh. He sighs in relief and sighs.

"So you're still an Otaku I see." He sweat drops and I nod.

"Yup." I reply as I skip ahead.

Oikawa's POV

I was so glad we were all good now. Y/n, thank you for forgiving me. I promise not to hurt you anymore Y/n. That's a promise I will keep.

"C'mon Oikawa! We need to go get some manga!" Y/n yells to me. I catch up to her and smile. I'm so glad everything is going back to the way it was.