Chapter 2; The Speech

Three days later after showing what they did to the City Council and having math reviewed just in case they messed up, (But it turns out it was right) They were told about a "speech" that they were supposed to present."What do you mean a speech?! I'm not good at speaking!" Connor shouted. "Ya me  either!" Charlie agreed "Same here!" They all argued. "Don't worry it will be fine! Besides, you are all good at speaking!" Case said trying to calm them down "What do you mean "don't worry"! It's in front of N.A.S.A.! Are you high!?!" Charlie shouted with Conner agreeing. The three boys argued loudly. "Shut up!" Kiera shouted catching them all off guard. "Yeah, shut up!" Case said. "You are no exception!" Kiera shouted at Case, glaring at him. "I'm sorry don't hurt me!"He said, ducking away."Now we will all  have a part in this! It will be good, and you will either agree or be found dead tomorrow! Got it?" Kiera asked, not waiting for an answer. "Good." Kiera said sounding more confident then ever " I think I peed myself a little." Said Charlie to Conner in a whisper.

          The next day they all got to town square with a poster and note cards to remember their lines."Hello everybody! Welcome to the little presentation we have for you." Case said with confidence. "We have found the way to make black holes into energy sources that can last hundreds of years into the future." Charlie added. The presentation went on with everybody saying their part clearly and confidently (Not wanting death by Kiera to be written on their gravestone) Once the presentation concluded the crowd clapped and the adviser stood up and said "It took  us 10 years to do what you did 10 minutes. I'm slightly jealous but proud! Now how do you plan to get there? "Case smiled slyly "That's where you come in."  Charlie and Conor butted in. "We will pay how ever much it takes." The Advisor replied almost immediately. "Well the person that can do the job your asking is about asking for ten thousand at least." Ashlyn almost faints, and Conner catches her and agrees to the terms they shake hands and part ways.

     "How will we make ten thousand dollars in two weeks! I'm broke!" Case yelled. "Although, I'm not to broke for movie tickets." He said moving closer to Kiera. "Request denied." She replied shoving him away. Case sighed in defeat. "What about a bake sale?" Ashlyn asked. She and Kiera were excellent bakers, and mostly all of  the friends were good artists so they could make posters and the ones who weren't good artists or bakers could deiced prices and what to sell. "So its settled." Conor concluded. "Lets get to it!" Kiera said clapping twice.