Chapter 8: extraction

A/N WARNING WARNING LONG CHAPTER INCOMING WARNING CLIMAX ASWELL. Enjoy :)

It was time. Time to do something never done in history. Something that was science fiction until now. It was time." Ok listen up! The teams are Ashlyn and Conner, Lili and Charlie, and Me and Kiera. Gavin you will be our guide. Tell us what's going on so nothing is a surprise. Everybody ready?" Case shouted at the group . They were all worried. They knew the risk but the reward is what pushed them along. "This should go nice and smooth if everybody does their part with no mistakes." Kiera added. " Approaching destination" the shuttle alerted the friends. "Ok, everybody stick with your partners and get your jobs done. If something goes wack, the escape pod is in sector three. Let's go!" Case said starting the mission. They all moved to their  designated location and began doing what they were told to do. Charlie and Shades prepared the pulse generator, Ashlyn and Conner made sure they were at a safe distance but in range of the black hole while Case and Kiera made sure the hatch doors that release the pulse were in working conditions. As they began the first charge the hatch doors malfunctioned. "Kiera, tell Case the hatch door has a manual override to the left of the generator." Gavin said in the microphone. "Case!there is a override on the other side of the generator!" Kiera shouted over the alarm. "Charlie, Lili make sure that pulse doesn't go off while they're outside the shuttle!" Gavin told them. Case began getting in the suit to go power the manual override, Kiera did the same but was stoped "hey what are you doing?" Case asked "I'm getting ready to help." She replied. "No, I'm going out." He said quickly "sorry but I don't need your permission." She Said as she walked into the airlock, Case following close behind. "Let's go." Case said as he opened the airlock to the outside. They floated to the override and began the manual open. Charlie and Lili tried to speed up the process by turning off the hatch lock "I think that's it. We should get out of here!" Kiera shouted they returned to the shuttle and began to take off their suits. "Ashlyn, Conner are we in range?" Charlie asked "ready when you are Aggie." Conner said playfully. "firing pulse." Shades told them all. It worked! They then began preparing a flow of pulses to extract energy steadily. After a while of pressing buttons and setting many sets of numbers into the pulse generator to create the steady flow. "Thanks for the help but next time, I can do it by myself." Case told Kiera who only laughed. As everything was set, the friends had a break. "Nice work everybody we're  almost done." Gavin says giving high fives to the entire team. At that moment alarms start blaring and red lights start flashing "what's going on!?" Ashlyn screamed in a panicked tone. Charlie, Conner and Gavin began typing on their monitors searching for the issue "found it!" Charlie yelled "we extracted to much energy and now the black hole is destabilizing!" "What the beach does that mean!" Shades asked panicking "its going to blow unless we can stabilize it by putting energy back in!!" Charlie screamed. Case darted to the storage and grabbed a emp that had the energy of a nuclear power plant. He then tossed in in the escape pod and started the engine. "What do you think your doing!?!" Kiera screamed "I'm going to stabilize the black hole! Go to the pilot den and get out of here!!" He told her frantically "No! There has to be another way! We can all get home I know it!" She yelled back. Case stood up and walked toward her "Just go. It will all be ok." He said softly "tell everybody goodbye for me." He added. He hugged her said goodbye and launched the pod he began to prep the emp as he was barreling  towards  The black hole. "Turn this thing around and get out of here now!!" Kiera shouted at Charlie. "What about Case!" He shot back "just go." She said tearing up. The emp was ready and he was getting close. The pod began to speed up with the gravity pulled him closer. as he slammed into the ergo sphere he detonated the  emp stabilizing the black hole giving everybody time to escape. "Goodbye" was the last thing to escape his lips before being engulfed by the abyss.

A/N hey that's the climax I'm doing one more chapter then it's book over. I might make book two. Idk. That's all for now, bye!