Chapter 9

Milan, my dear friend he drawled.. his huge hands reaching out for the half baked cigar..
Hahahah.. So you badly need some money from me,to push up the dying Gains$Assets? Huh??

Staggers, had tears rolling down, as he shook with uncontrollable laughter..
Mocking Milan's pitiful plea, for help to revive his slowly dilapidating company.

You see.. Staggers continued.. wiping his face with a brownish towel, that was supposed to be a hankie.

Life is like a sharp scissor.my friend
It cuts you no matter, how hard you try to dodge... As far as it's touched wrongly, it'd cut..

He'd long planned a trap for Milan to fall out of business, when his company started booming.
But all of Stagger's efforts, to rail him down, proved futile.

At long last, here his rival stood.. Dejected and beaten.. Asking him for a favour,  he very well knew he wouldn't give freely..

"I know how much you've invested in Gains&Assets, and I've heard how slowly your beloved company is falling apart.. "
Milan's palms were smeared now, with sweat.. And unknown drums struck his brain.. Was this wicked fool, going to loan him the money, he so much needed or not??

I'd give you the money.. The incessant noises in Milan's head stopped,  and he rushed forward, and pressed the older man's hand in gratitude.

Of course, on one condition.. Nothing comes truly free you know.. He twirled his head back and forth, and leaned towards his chair..
A knowing smirk, forming on his big lips..
A wicked smirk, that Milan knew all too well..
What was the old fool, going to ask for??
His company, which was already completely broken down? His house? No.. Staggers had enough houses.. why! He even owned hotels.. His house wasn't what he'd ask for.. What did he want??

Mustering courage, he drew closer and asked;Can you tell me what you want in return for the money, you'd give me??
****
What do you think, Staggers would ask for, in return??
Watch out for part ten💖do like, and comment.. Thanks