Chapter 9: When Powers Meet

The Canadian Supreme Commander stared coldly at the Germans who were walking down cautiously towards the port. He recognized the battleship as being the Tirpitz, a battleship that 'fought' for the German Kriegsmarine in the Second World War.

           The ship's career while unremarkable in some eyes, was remarkable in Daniel's eyes. He admired the shipwrights who constructed gigantic steel structures such as the Iowa-class, Yamato-class and the Bismarck-class of battleship. He knew their history almost completely by heart and possessed models of their steel hulls. Daniel was still a naval enthusiast at heart.

         His deformed face contorted into a smile as memories from his navy days returned vividly. The mask that was worn over his face hid his expression, though the Supreme Commander could've cared less. He was his younger self once more.

          Michael, being cautious, looked around at the gathering of soldiers. He noticed that none of them had reacted to their presence, demonstrating their discipline. With Tirpitz just ahead of him, Michael was the last one off of the ship. The holographic paths behind him and the crew then disappeared, thus rendering the ship inaccessible to everyone.

          The Canadian leader looked at the ship in fascination, as well as the people crewing her. He took a step forwards, prompting the visitors to salute in response. Daniel smiled at that; he simply had to admire their respect for someone of higher authority, especially someone from a different military branch.

           "Welcome to Canada, fellow sailors," he greeted enthusiastically, "I hope the journey here wasn't too taxing."

          "The voyage here went well, sir," Michael responded with a smile as he put his hands behind his back, "now... it seems introductions are in order. I am Michael Schmidt, captain of the Fog Battleship Tirpitz, and this is my crew."

            Michael introduced each member of his crew, all of whom waved or nodded politely all the while standing at attention. Then, Michael got to the Mental Model.

           "And here we have the Mental Model of the Tirpitz," Michael stated, taking note of the quiet hum of intrigue originating from the Canadian.

          "Mental Model?" Daniel asked.

          "Yes sir. Mental Models are their mentalities taken physical form. Each of them have different personalities, and therefore different perceptions to the world around them..."

          "Oh? You've met others?" Daniel asked.

          Michael nodded.

           "Hmm, let us continue when we're not exposed to the elements. Come, I know a good restaurant. You just might like it," the Supreme Commander stated as he gestured to his guards. In response, the soldiers then began herding the curious civilians out of the port in order to make space for the VIPs to go through unhindered.

          The Germans, for their part, followed the Canadian dictator and his two bodyguards towards a black limousine.

          "I knew we were having VIPs," Daniel stated, "so I thought: 'why not use the damn things? They're just collecting dust.' Now, here we are; an old 2024 armoured limo instead of the usual armoured sedan."

           Michael and company nodded politely as they stood behind the former sailor. He turned and cocked his head slightly in confusion.

          "You're not getting in?" Daniel asked.

          "I believed that you would be the first, sir," Michael replied.

            Daniel shook his head and chuckled.