Chapter 11: Power Plays

"Sir! A Fog battleship!"

"I'm well aware of that!"

"What do we do?!"

"I don't fucking know! It ain't attacking, so let's not attack it! How does that fucking sound?!?"

The sailor whom the captain was shouting at only remained silent. The American captain only sighed as he looked out at sea once more. The battleship was drifting closer to them, slowly but surely. Currently, Captain James Munroe of the SS Spearhead didn't know what to do.

While the 52 year-old felt a kind of gratefulness and relief that the underwater threat had been dealt with, he held a feeling of extreme unease. The ship that... 'saved' his, possessed enough firepower to completely flatten any major city of an estimated size of one New York City.

"Captain," a sailor called, "the battleship appears to be pulling up alongside us."

James looked down at a pocket watch that his great-grandfather passed down, then back at the hulking form of the approaching battleship.

"Don't do anything hostile," he ordered, turning around to head into the bridge, "we should count ourselves lucky that we weren't vaporized by those lasers."

The sailor nodded, then went about spreading the order.

Michael stared at his tablet, the screen showing live footage of the icebreaker's crew scrambling about the deck like rats.

"I'm surprised they haven't attacked us yet," the German captain mused, "we could've gotten more target practice."

A look from Rudolf was sent in Michael's direction as if asking 'Really?'

The captain merely shrugged as he returned the look. He yawned, then looked back at his tablet, continuing to analyze the crew's actions, determining whether they held hostile intentions, or if they were just frightened.

"Right," he said, suddenly standing up with a groan, "let's go greet them and see if we can give them a tow or something."

The captain exited the bridge, leaving the other bridge occupants to look at each other, offer shrugs, then get up and follow after Michael.

"We have any rope?" Michael asked as everyone entered the bridge elevator.

"No," Tirpitz replied, "however, I can make some with Nanomaterial."

Michael nodded, though still being in thought.

"Keep that in mind," he stated, "we'll check if the icebreaker has any rope first. If not, we'll go ahead with what you proposed, despite being a waste of Nanomaterials."

"I can always break the ropes down once we're done..." Tirpitz reminded, laying her head on Michael's shoulder.

"...or we could do that instead," Michael said, a look of slight embarrassment having crossed his face due to him forgetting about the unique properties that Nanomaterial possessed. He sighed.

        "Alright," the captain began once more, "our goal is to establish friendly ties with the icebreaker's crew, and hopefully from there, the United States. We already got one power one power on our side, what's another?"

        "I like your thinking, captain," Tirpitz said, snuggling up to him.

        "You like everything about me," he corrected.

        "Hmm, I'm not so sure about that..."

        "Uh-huh..."

         Wolfgang, one of the engineers, groaned loudly, displaying his displeasure.

         "Will you two stop flirting for once?" he asked, "I really want to know. Because, I mean at this rate, you two would probably end up fucking anywhere possible."

       "Wolfy!" Talia, the radio operator scolded, giving the young man a hard smack against the head. He turned around and looked at the woman.

        "What? It's true. Look at how they're blushing!"

        "So? Whatever they choose to do, in private, mind you, is what it is; private. They're not your personal jerk-off material."

       "Don't worry about him referring to Tirpitz and I as material," Michael said, joining in on the conversation, "he doesn't really know what it means, especially since his mother and sister provide the majority of it, under a different name of course..."

         Stunned silence engulfed the elevator, Tirpitz and the majority of the crew having a hard time to keep their composure. Wolfgang on the other hand was as red as a tomato.

"...I'll be taking my leave..." he mumbled, the embarrassment reaching high levels.

        "That'll hopefully teach you to not mock someone's relationship...."

         Wolfgang, said nothing. He didn't need to though because Michael knew that he had gotten his point across.

         Aboard the Spearhead, Captain James Munroe clambered down a flight of stairs and stepped out onto the main deck. Taking care to not slip on many of the frozen puddles, he joined all of the ship's officers who were standing by near the bow. James stared back out at sea and saw the Fog battleship gliding over to his ship's starboard side.

        "Captain," an officer called, "you might want to see this..."

A little short, I know... Sorry bout that.

Anyways, as for why I was gone for a while.... I've been having family problems. Three of my aunts have been diagnosed with cancer, so I'm having to cope with that.

And another thing is, is that a childhood friend of mine has died recently. I don't want to go into details, I hope you all understand.

But, aside from this... I hope you enjoyed this chapter,

-RedImperium