Frank & Hazel

FRANK

I eventually found Hazel sitting upon Temple Hill, overlooking the festivities in New Rome. Her beautiful dark chocolate curls danced in the warm breeze. I couldn't help but smile as I sat down next to her.

"Hey."

"Hey." She leaned her head upon my shoulder and I rested my arm around her waist, holding her close. "It feels so surreal, you know, surviving the war. There were times where I thought we wouldn't make it."

"Yeah but we did make it, all of us."

"Frank?"

"Yeah?"

"What's going to happen now? I mean to us; you and me?" She turned her head, and I found myself drifting into the pools of liquid gold.

"Well, I don't know, I mean we have no monsters to fight, you don't have to go back to the Underworld and I no longer have a burnt stick as life support so I guess we just... live our life." She gave me a small smile, then turned back to the view, snuggling further into my body.

"Do you thing maybe, one day, we could... end up like Jason and Piper. I'm not saying we have to if you don't... want to-" She was blushing now. I took her chin in my hands and turned her head to face me.

"Hazel, I love you so, so much and I want to be with you forever, but I'm willing to wait, as long as I know your by my side, then I know we'll be just fine."

"You promise?"

"I promise." Her lips broke into the best kind of toothy smile and she through her arms around my shoulders. At that moment, I felt sincerely happy, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I quickly returned the hug, holding her just as tightly as I once held my stick because Hazel is just as precious, if not more precious to me then my own life.

"I love you Frank."

"I love you too."