Nico

NICO

I watched Annabeth leave, tired and defeated. Alone. Something I knew all too well. Walking from the shadows, I sat down by his side, in the chair that recently occupied his girlfriend. A person he loved more then anyone else.

"Hi." I really didn't know what to say to someone in a coma. It wasn't the same as talking to the dead. "Um, so... Annabeth just left... She's really upset." It was scary how close to death Percy was, just lying still, barely breathing but I knew that Percy would fight it to the end. After all, his happy ending was in the land of the living. "Ah... So there's a reason why I'm here and Jason's been pestering me for ages about it- the thing is, if I don't say it now then I will regret it for the rest of my life, we'd never be free. So... here it goes," I gave a quick look around the infirmary- the Apollo campers had gone to bed and the other patients were fast asleep- hopefully.

"The thing is, Percy, I've never really hated you, not even when Bianca died- I could never bring myself to fully hate you, not the way I wanted to anyway. Gods, I mean, you were my favourite hero since I've was ten; you cared about me even when you shouldn't have. I guess I should thank you, you have no idea how much you've impacted my life- in ways that were unexpected, even for me. What I'm trying to say is; Percy, I- I love you and I have loved you since I first met you. So there, I've said what I had to say, this is where we'll probable part ways: I'll go back to the Underworld, you'll wake up, marry Annabeth and have the perfect life you deserve." I looked down at my hands, trying hard to hold back the tears.

When I thought I had them under control, I looked back up at my cousin, my friend. My hero. "Just promise me that when you wake up and I'm not here, that you won't come looking for me. The Fates now force us to walk our own paths." I stood up, prepared to leave but there was one last thing I would regret if I didn't do.

Slowly I walked closer to his bed, I leaned down, placing a small and chaste kiss upon his head- right where Annabeth had left hers. "Good bye Percy Jackson." Giving him one last look, I turned and walked to the nearest shadow.

"Well, maybe the Fate's are wrong, Nico."