1

(A/n) this first chapter might not make sense

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. My backpack bounced up and down as I raced down the dark freezing Toronto streets
"RAINBOW" Harold called after me. He had been chasing me for the past 2 miles but he finally stopped running so booked it as fast as I could. My foggy breath started to slow down as walked up the steps of the umbrella academy.

I knocked on the large wooden door and waited. I made sure I watched my surroundings to see if Harold had finally caught up to me. Lucky he didn't. The door opened to reveal a monkey wearing clothes.
"I'm sorry we don't want any of your cookies" the monkey said
"Actually I'm looking for Klaus Hargreaves? Please tell me he still lives here"I got my words out before he could close the door. "Might I ask why?" He asked leaning on his cain. " I believe he's my brother. I was one of the 43 children that was born on October 1st" I  hoped and Paris he would believe me. He hesitated "come in dear" he said opening the door wide enough for me to walk in. I followed him through the mansion for what seemed like forever. My muddy sneakers made marks in there clean marble floor.
"Sorry" I said looking back at the mess I tracked it "it's fine. Grace come clean this up please" he called to someone as we finally reached a living room area. He sat on one of the red velvet couches and I sat across from him "what's your name dear?" He asked "Rainbow Jenkins sir". He looked at the bag I was holding "I don't understand how you could be
one of the 43 children. You're way to young" he insisted giving me a look as if I was insane "well I  understand I look like I'm a 13 or 14 year old little girl but I'm actually 29 sir. When I was around 13 I stopped growing due to a sickness" I explained "very well then. How do you know you are in fact Klaus's sister though?" He asked. I pulled out a Manila folder from my bag. It was my adoption papers. "I see. It does in fact say that you had a twin. Wait here dear" he walked off. I sat on the sofa and waited.

He came back with another folder and opened them side my side examining them. "Everything checks out. We knew Klaus had a twin we just never knew what happened to her. Sadly Klaus isn't here but he will be here tomorrow along with the other members of the academy" he closed both of the folders and handed mine back to me "I saw on the news. I'm so sorry about Mr.Hargreaves Sir" I gave him a sympathetic look. Then it came to me. I have no where to stay. "Excuse me Sir. If you don't mind could I stay here until tomorrow? I don't really have anywhere to go" I asked the monkey man "of course. Any family of the umbrella academy is always welcome" he gave me a kind smile "grace please show Rainbow to a room" he called to the air. Just then a woman dressed in 1950s attire came from out of no where "sure thing. Follow me" she gave me a warm smile. I followed her up the grand staircase up to a little hallway. She opened one of the doors to reveal a room with chalkboard walls with writing all over, a bed, and a desk. "You can stay here for the night...the person who had this room isn't coming back tomorrow" she said still smiling. "Goodnight Rainbow!" She said enthusiastically "goodnight grace" I said smiling back at her "please, call me mom" she flashed one last smile at me and closed me door. I set my bag down flopped onto the bed. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.....