Kissing in the Rain

Ashton's POV

As I'm driving to Hannah's the pain is still very real, but there's a small part of my heart that feels happy and excited. I didn't think it was possible to feel anything but pain. Hannah makes me feel something different. Like things could change.

I pull up in her drive way to see her standing there. She's in a t-shirt and shorts, but she looks so perfect standing there. I park the car and get out.

"Hey," she says smiling.

"Hi," I say shyly.

"So where are we going?" she asks me.

I hadn't even thought about where we would eat.

"Um, well. Where's your favorite place to eat?" I hope she has an answer.

"Well I love this place that's just down the street. It's a simple burger place. I don't go much, but I love it," she says.

"Okay, well let's go," I say walking back to my car.

I open the passenger side door for her. She climbs in, and I close it softly, so it doesn't slam.

I climb back in, and start my car. The first song that comes on is Everything I Didn't Say. A twinge of pain shoots through me. I have to push it down. Hannah has seen me cry once, and that was enough.

"So what made you want to go out with me today?" she asks.

"I don't know. I just wanted your company," I said plainly. But in all honesty, I just wanted to see the girl who helped me when I'm only a stranger to her.

"Oh, I was hoping you'd say you wanted to see me," she said smiling.

Wow. That was really cute. She has a beautiful smile.

I laugh, "Something like that."

"Oh there it is," she says at she points to a place on my right. It's called Joey's.

I get out and go to her side. I open the door for her and sweep into a deep bow, like I was she was a queen.

She gets out and giggles. That was adorable.

We walked into Joey's, and I looked around. It had a retro diner kind of feel to it. We were seated, and I began to look at the menu. There was quite a few choices. I didn't know what to pick.

"What do you get here?" I ask her.

"I usually just get a burger. They're really good here," she replies.

The waitress comes up to our table. She's an older woman.

"Hello, Hannah, dear. What can I get you hun? The usual?" she asked sweetly.

"Oh, yeah. That's fine, Marie," Hannah responded he cheeks turning red.

"So you don't come here much?" I say cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh, um..." she stumbles. Her cheeks were flaring red.

I just laugh.

"What can I get for you, dear?" Marie asks me kindly.

"I'll have whatever, Little Red Riding Hood is having, ma'am," I say still laughing.

"Okay, honey," she says as she walks away.

I look over at Hannah. She's looking straight down and her cheeks were so red. It was adorable really.

"It's fine if you come here all the time. It's kinda cute," I say.

"Really?" she asks finally looking up at me.

"Yes," I say finally.

She smiles and giggles.