Go Big Or Go Home

Using his excellent scent, Pine ran through the forest. As he weaved through the trees, he heard the stumbling feet of Omar.

"Will you keep up?" Pine snarled at Omar.

"I'm trying!" Omar complained, "But I don't do so well in forests."

"Well, could you maybe be a little quieter?" Pine asked, "You don't have to step on every bush."

Omar rolled his eyes and continued to follow Pine.

Suddenly, Pine stopped. Omar stopped right behind him. Pine's head shot every which way to look for something. He had either heard or caught the scent of something.

"What is it?" Omar asked.

"Sh!" Pine snapped. He stood at the edge of the forest, alert and attentive. Pretty soon, Omar started to hear voices as well.

"Baris," Pine whispered.

Pine crouched in the bush. Omar crouched in a bush next to him and watched as the three slender dinosaurs walked past, talking amongst each other.

"It looks like they're heading for Spawn Lake," Omar guessed.

"Exactly," Pine responded, "That's where the raptor pack is."

Suddenly, Pine jumped out of his bush right towards the Bari pack. After Pine stood in front of the Bari pack, scaring them, Omar was right behind Pine.

"Where's Shard?!" Pine snarled.

"Wha?" the first Bari asked, "Why you scarin' us like dis?"

"Yah," the second Bari snarled, "It's not polite!"

"Where's the kid?" Omar asked.

"What kid?" the first Bari growled, "We ain't seen no kid."

"I think they be talkin' 'bout da rex dat ran past us," the third Bari whispered to his friend.

"Oooooohhhhhh..." the first Bari realized, "Oh yah, we have seen 'em. He was runnin' right 'n front of us not too long ago."

"He should be about halfway there by now," the second Bari piped up, "You just might catch 'em."

"I dunno, boys," the third Bari said, "He was runnin' pretty fast."

"Even then," the first Bari argued, "You could still catch up to a lil' guy even at that speed."

"ENOUGH!" Pine roared. The Baris screamed. Even Omar flinched a little bit.

Pine then grew calm. He turned around and told the Baris, "Thanks for helping us," before running off. Omar nodded to the Baris and followed Pine.

 Omar nodded to the Baris and followed Pine

It was now pitch black. The sky was littered with stars and the moon was full. It made the water on the top of the lake shine. Shard thought it looked beautiful, but he didn't care to stay and observe the beauty: he had to find the ruins.