Chapter one - Returned!!

( FIVE YEARS LATER )

*Layla's P.O.V

I took a deep breath as the car door opened reveling the house from my childhood, which held a lot of memories. "Welcome back home Layla" Wendy my childhood nanny / head maid as she smiled. I smiled back " thanks." I got out of the car and walked up to the house with her. It looked pretty much the same as we walked into the kitchen, I sat on the stool as Wendy... I don't recall you know what she was doing.

"Where's my mom and dad??" I finally asked "business trip!! They'll be back to see you off to your first day back to school on Monday." She spoke with her back still to me. "So basically they forgot today was the day I would be back??" I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue. She turned yo me to answer " no honey that's......" she started but I cut her off " yes it is!! You don't have to cover for them you know" I said standing up and picking up my book bag. " I know my parents, they don't want me back, I'm to much of a worry" I whispered as I Stormed off to my room.

I rest my bag on the floor near my bed as I laid on my bed. I slowly drifted to sleep, as soon as my eyes close they re-opened as the memories started flooding back.

I looked up at the ceiling my heartbeat and breathing increasing.

"Just breath, your safe" I whispered trying to calm myself. This is going to be a long term.

*Ray-Ann's P.O.V

"Little sister" Jobe smirked as he hugged me. Welcome back to Guandelope. "Jobe" I responded a small smile on my face. "No one calls me that anymore..... not since" he drifted off " its Eli now" he said walking off. Using his middle name, hmm I liked better anyway. I mean we were all traumatized. Some more than others, some choose to forget it, I guess I wasn't one of those. "Ray you coming??" Eli yelled from the front door, I chuckled to myself and ran up to meet him. We walked in the house, a smile played on my lips, Wow!! I'm here, I'm actually home. " welcome home" Eli smiled at me closing the front door after I finished walked in. Its rather quiet and empty though. Where's mom and dad I wondered. Just when I was about to ask, Eli said " they're at work!! They'll be home later" he smiled cause he knew that's what I was thinking. Stupid big brother, he walked off to god knows where after. Wow how can he smile so much, I know I haven't Ben able to much, not since then.

I walked up the stairs and went into to my room, I smiled as my childhood memories came flooding back, straight up to that night we were brought home!! Blue and red lights flashing and blinding me for a while, sirens pierced into my eardrums as I held my knees to my chest and sobbed in the corner. I just wanted it to be over, I was only 12 years old. A single tear fell down my face, just as I felt a hand o my shoulder. I jumped and moved back looking behind me to see Eli standing there looking at me concerned.

"You okay??" He asked as he walked closet to me, I couldn't trust my voice so I took a breath and slowly nodded my head. He hugged me, I wrapped my hands around him also "we're OK Ray, its over!!" He said soothing me. He pulled away and gave me a reassuring smile wiping away that single tear, I nod my head and smiled back.

'I'll be fine' I taught to myself. 'Just fine'

*Cher's P.O.V

"Cher" I heard someone yell from behind me, I turned around to come face to face with Mystery, my best friend I the whole world, lucky for her she wasn't in town when it happened.

"Mystery, hey" I smiled as we started walking down the street to my car, which was parked lower down. " where have you been?? I've been looking for you all day!!" She shrieked in my ear " that's my ear Mystery" was my response. She gave me a pointed look and I chuckled "okay okay" I surrender, she smiled happily and examined me carefully " I had to go see the school's therapist " I said mockingly using quotation over the word 'therapist'.

I mean I know what happened to us, me and the other five kids five years ago, we were starved and beaten but that was five years ago and that's the past, I mean yes I'm traumatized but I got over it. I don't need therapy and I just wanna live a normal life. I don't need to see Dr. Prince she's only asking me questions, such a fast woman.

I saw Mystery wave her hand in my face " Cher, hello!! Are you even listening to me??" She raised her eyebrows at me " sorry what did you say??" I replied she rolled her eyes " oh lawd Cher, what am I going to do with you??" She said chuckling and gripping on to my hand as we approached my car. " I can't wait for school on Monday." She giggled as we hopped in my car. " me either" I smiled.