Chapter Two- Back 2 school

*Layla's P.O.V

"Wake up Layla, you'll be late for school" I heard Wendy yell "I'm up" I grumbled back, opening my eyes as I heard her footsteps leave.

I looked at my at my wrist amd mentally cursed myself as I saw the dried up blood stained my wrist and bed sheet. "So in trouble" I mumbled to myself as I pulled the sheet off the bed an through it in the dirty clothes basket. Walking into the bathroom I examined my wrist watching the 24 cuts that now lay across it. I just needed a way to take the pain away so I would have a good night sleep.
If Wendy or my parents.... My parents would so send me back to that dreadful place. I hated it there, I mean I'm not so keen on being here but I rather be here than at a hospital where I was asked if I was ok all dye and monitored every second because I was labelled suicidal, anaerxic.

I shake it off and walked into the shower taking a bath. I walked back into my room and went straight to mumbled closet yin get dress. I threw on a charcoal stockings under my sky blue short pants, a black lace vest inside my shorts and a thin white belt, my black and white converse and my black lace gloves on my left hand which had my cuts.
I grabbed my phone, black jacket and booking and ran downstairs to the kitchen.
"Morning sunshine" Wendy beamed as ahead saw me, I put my hands behind my back and smiled "Hey morning, I'll be late gotta go! Bye" I yelled rushing out the front door. " You have to eat breakfast Layla!" I heard he yell behind me as I jumped in the backseat of the car laughing. Bishop my driver started the car and drove off.

I walked through the school doors a smile my face. I did it! I'm a senior at 16 years old, my smile evaporated as I round the corner, heading to the office, and I saw Ray-ann Montano. Memories flooded back instantly.

*FLASHBACK*
"Come here!" the youngest of them yelled as he stopped beating Ray-ann. I moved backwards, cowering away from him, but only grabbed me by my haircand dragged me behind him as I screamed out in pain. "Let her go!" I heard Maliek's squeaky voice yelled "Maliek" I whispered tears slipping down my cheek.
The man carried me into a room and through me on the bed and git on top of me " what are you young?" I asked as he started kissing down mumbled neck and.his hand ran up my leg " NO! Stop!" I cried, I went to yelled but he covered my mouth with his grease hands.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Tears ran down my cheek and I quickly wiped them just as Ray-ann passed me with her brother Jobe, they both looked at me. I broke our eye contact walking into the office to collect my schedule and map.

I walked into my homeroom class bit long after and everyone started staring. I immediately noticed Cher Moore, Ray-ann Montano, Jobe Montano and Kristan King. I averted my eyes and walked and took the seat at the back. Wait! I counted four, someone's missing, realisation suddenly dawned over me who that person was. "Maliek Mohammad, always late" I heard the.teacher announced. I looked up quickly as he smirked at her, wow! Its been so long. He was my best friend, I dropped my head, "was" I whispered to my self. Past tense!
"won't happen again" he answered, I didn't dare look up as I felt a presents hovering over me. "You must be new. I'm Maliek and this is my seat" I heard him say in a deep, and strangely, dangerous voice. I looked up at him, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion "Layla?" gist voice was barely audible. "Sorry" was all I manage to get out as I got up and moved to another seat.
When he period was over I quickly left not waiting another encounter with my former best friend.

*Maliek's P.O.V

"Layla?" I said over.in my mind as I stared at her. When the bell rang she wasted no time in exiting the classroom with haste.
"Did she really hate me?" I wondered as I watched the empty seat.
"Come on man! Lets go" Jacob said shaking my shoulder " yeah" I answered chuckling as we wasked out of the now empty classroom.
We walked into our maths class and sat in our usual seat at the back.
"So you have a fight Friday night?" Jacob asked as he threw paper in the bin from where we sat. "Yeah, just that Jackson kid. Easy win" I answered and he chuckled. " Of course u say that! You're the beast." he laughed this time and I punched him playfully on his shoulder " stop cling me that!" I laughed along with him. Just then Cher Moore and that girl who's always with her Mystery walked through the door and came up to us. "Hey Maliek" Mystery said as she twirled a lock of her brown hair in her hand. I chuckled lowly " hey Mystery. Cher." I said nodding to Cher who came me a faint smile. They walked off and went to there seats.