The Big One

Rory slowly sat up as the bigger humanoid alien slowly made his way to the other, stopping a foot from her as he regarded her a moment. She was frozen in shock at the huge creature. Then he moved away and turned to the other humanoid.

"Tell me where it is." Rory heard the alien speak. She was in awe that she understood.

"What..." she breaths. The creature whipped around to look at her with confusion.

"You understand?" He asks.

"Rory!" Quinn yells breaking her trance.

She scrambled up and ran just as the smaller alien attacked him. The bigger turned from her and the two began to fight each other. The RV drove up and they all piled in. Rory was last to get in, watching s moment before the creature flipped the smaller one onto the car. She was then yanked up into the RV by the black man and shut the door, driving away quickly. She sat down on the chair as the others watched the humanoid watch them leave.

"What's the big one doc, is that like the male!?" One guy shouts.

"He didn't give a shit about us, just wanted to kill that thing." Another says as the alien walked into the road. Suddenly the dark skin faded into a softer color and he stared after the RV.

"You guys see that? He grew an exoskeleton under his fucking skin!" The doc says and turns back to the window.

"What are they hunting each other now?" She asks nobody in particular.

"No, just him." Rory suddenly says, getting their attention.

"How do you know that?" Quinn asks but she didn't reply, just made her way to the window and peered out the window, watching the creature as he watched her before he turned away.

As the vehicle left, the creature looked at the dead traitor before turning back to his own wrist gauntlet, pressing the communications button and speaking into it.

"Traitor eliminated, tracking stolen cargo." He says.

"Human leads if any?" A voice asks.

He recalled the petite human in the strange clothing and hummed. What an interesting creature she was. Plus she understood him. She was unique and had to be apprehended.

"One." He replies walking away with the device as the cops arrived.

While they drove, Aurora and Quinn argued.

"I specifically told you not to go dressing like some hooker and look at you!" He scolds, causing Rory to scoff.

"I think you lost your privilege to tell me what I can and can't do when you left me behind to go kill people in south America!"

"I was protecting the nation!"

"You abandoned your family!" She shouted back.

This time he went quiet, knowing it was true. He left his son and wife, left his only sibling. He sat down with a huff as the rest of the group watched on in interest.

"So, why were you dressed like this?" The black man now known as Nebraska asks.

"I was at a Halloween party." She says crossing her arms and legs.

"Some party." Lynch says with a smirk.

"Hey, watch it." Quinn growls as they stop.

"Okay we're here." Nettles says parking the RV.

They all got out and Quinn found some spare clothes in the RV, stopping Rory from getting out.

"Nuh uh, you change first." He orders and shuts the door. She sighs and pulls off her clothes, muttering. As she changed, the others were patrolling the area making sure it was safe.

"...No, it had to be like a government experiment or some shit. Like a robot, or whatever." Nettles says.

"Nettles, are you fucking retarded, man?" Lynch asks.

"Use another word, would ya?" Quinn says walking by.

"Yeah, man. Show a little sensitivity. His sister's retarded." Nettles says walking away.

Quinn simply rolled his eyes and walked to Rory, who was out of the RV and smoking a cigarette with Nebraska.

Quinn took it and flicked it away before giving Nebraska a look. Nebraska nodded with a humorous smirk and got up, walking away.

"All right, I talked to Emily and Rory. They're doing alright."

"They know you're a killer?" She asks.

"They know I'm a soldier." He replies sitting down and leaning on her leg.

"What's the difference?"

"Well, when you like it, that's when you're a killer." Quinn replies. Rory leaned back and sighed.

"Sorry..." Quinn looks at his sister.

"Sorry I never grew up the way you wanted." She says giving him a sad look. Quinn sighs and scoots closer, taking her face and pressing foreheads.

"Tell you a secret. Truth is, I never grew up the way I wanted." He says. She chuckles and they pull away from each other.

"Were gonna die aren't we?" She asks and he sighs.

"Probably." He replies.

"Well you better make amends with your family if you do." She says making him smile.

"I will."

"Promise?" She says holding out her pinkie. He smiles wider and takes it in his own.

"Promise." He replies.

"McKenna I got something." They hear over the talkie. He pats her shoulder be for getting up and going to the RV. Rory made her way to the edge of the farm house, looking out at the fields.

"Yo what the fuck! Get the fuck away from me! Yo! Casey!" Suddenly Nettles runs up as the others aim their guns.

"Hey, hey, hey! Casey! Look. I think this thing's been following us, all right?" Nettle says as he points behind him. The dog from before slowly approached, causing them all to aim at him. The creature whines and Nettles stands in front of it.

"Look, what the fuck is it gonna do? You know, maybe we can use it, or something?" He suggests.

"What are we doing with it?"

"We're gonna study it. That's what we're gonna do with it."

"What's to learn? Except Williams sucks at shooting shit in the head."

"Williams, you lobotomized him."

"Okay, new rule. No one shoots my fucking dog." Doc says eyeing each of them then turning back to the dog, who approached Rory.

"You were right, we can use this." She says. Rory smiled as she slowly pet the dogs head, earning a lick of her hand in return. Then they heard a helicopter approaching.

"Netty, what is that?" One asks as it approached.

"That's an EC-130. That's not civilian." Nettles says as Nebraska took Rory's arm.

"Come on sweetness." He says pulling her to the RV and shutting the door.

"Where is she?"

"Where's who?"

"Your sister. You know, pretty face, great body, super smart and shit?" He eggs Quinn on. Quinn and the doc share a look before he'll broke loose. Literally.