We Are One

(Pride rock) Third Person's POV

"I don't care what my father said, go to him Aiden. He needs you, we'll be fine" Luna tells him firmly. He reluctantly agrees and runs for the den towards the fight. He arrives just as Kiara and Kovu land in between Simba & Zira. He freezes along with everyone else.

(Cliff side) still Third Person POV

"Kiara" Simba says shocked.

"Kovu, move" Zira says firmly.

"Stand aside" Simba tells Kiara.

"Daddy, this has to stop" Kiara tells him firmly not moving.

"You're even weaker than I thought. Get out of the way!" Zira orders Kovu.

"You'll never hurt Kiara or Simba. Not while I'm here" Kovu states ready to defend Kiara and her father. Aiden looks at him surprised, looks like he judged Kovu poorly.

"Stay out of this" Simba stresses to Kiara.

"A wise king once told my sister and I, 'We are one'. I didn't understand him then like her. But now I do" Kiara tells him. Aiden thinks back to the time Luna told him this. She was right, we forgot how alike we all are.

"But- they..." Simba tries to say.

"Them? Us? Look at them. They are us. What differences do you see?" Kiara asks him.

"She's right Simba, remember what you taught all of us" Aiden tells him. Simba looks up at the clearing sky and smiles at Kiara. They hug each other fondly.

"Vitani, now!" Zira shouts.

"No mother" Vitani tells her. "Kiara's right" she states and goes to stand beside Kovu. "Enough" she tells her pride.

"If you will not fight, then you will die as well" Zira states. But all her lionesses go to join Simba's pride. "Where are you going? Get back here!" she shouts.

"Let is go Zira" Aiden tells her firmly.

"It's time to put the past behind us" Simba add.

"I'll never let it go!" Zira exclaims. "This is for you Scar" she states and lunges forward to attack Simba. But Kiara and Aiden tackle her over the cliff. Aiden and Kiara land on a ledge while Zira hangs on the cliff side.

"Hang on Kiara" Aiden tells her. As Simba starts to come down to help them.

"Simba, the river!" Nala shouts and both lions look to is as the dam breaks.

"Zira give me your paw" Kiara says holding a paw out to her. But Zira just swipes at it with her claws.

"You fool, she's trying to help you!" Aiden snaps.

"Zira come on, I'll help you" Kiara pleads. Zira tries to climb but loses her footing and falls off of the cliff side. Into the water below.

"You tried your best Kiara" Aiden tells her.

"Kiara, Aiden" Simba says behind them.

"Daddy, I tried" Kiara says taking his paw. They help each other climb back to the top. Where Kiara is hugged by her relieved parents. She then goes to hug Kovu and Aiden gives Simba a look.

"Kovu" Simba calls and Kovu walks over to them.

"We were wrong" Aiden tells him.

"You belong here" Simba states and Kiara nuzzles Kovu fondly. "Lets go home" he announces. Aiden looks at Zira's former pride.

"All of us" he tells them smiling. He then runs off to go check on his pregnant queen and their pride. As soon as he enters the den Luna hugs him.

(Pride Rock) Luna's POV

"Oh Aiden, I'm so glad you're safe" I tell him as we pulled away. "What happened? Is the war over?" I ask him.

"It's over, Zira is gone and her pride is now one with Simba's" he announces.

"About damn time" I tell him. Just then my family and Kovu enter the den. Mother and father hug me before mother goes to check on the new arrivals. Kiara hugs me and I purr happily. "Don't ever run away again" I tell her.

"I promise, not too" she assures me.

"Dad, can I speak to you and mother alone?" I ask them. He nods his head and I lead them to the top of pride rock. "I know you aren't my real parents and I don't care. You raised me as your own, we are one. A family" I tell them smiling.

"How long have you known?" mum asks me.

"Since Kiara meet Kovu as a cub" I state. "But, please no more secrets" I tell them. They agree and we all hug before returning to the den.

(The next day)

We all gather at the base of pride rock for the union of Kiara and Kovu. Along with Zira's former pride and Simba's. Though Vitani along with Dotty, Spotty and Zingela will be joining mine & Aiden's pride. ( https://fanart.lionking.org/media/Artwork/Artists/Nadra/QueenVitani2.jpg )

I lay beside Aiden with the two new mothers and their cubs. But we all sit when the newly married Kovu and Kiara join the group. Mum and dad lead them away to the presentation part of pride rock. We all look up as dad roars first, followed by Kovu. Soon all for of them are roaring and we all roar back. Our prides are one again and now nothing can ruin it.

Two chapters remaining, the birth of Luna and Aiden's cubs. Then the Epilogue.

A/N

Picture above of Kiara and Kovu standing in between the two prides. Video above of Kiara making peace between the prides and video on the external link of Zira's death. Video in the chapter of the end scene.