~Chapter 7~

Eren's POV

I wanted more waffles. I mean, they were freaking delicious. When I told this to Levi- well, maybe more to myself- I didn't expect him to pick up one of his own waffles and shove it into my mouth. I also happened to notice that with every time that he brought the fork to his mouth, he licked it thoroughly. He did it while looking at me the entire time, too. It made me want to kiss him right then and there.

My mouth tasted of waffles and Levi. I loved the taste of Levi so much better, though. I wished I could keep it forever. Maybe I could if I just made my move already. Damn myself, I can't even figure out how to react to an indirect kiss...

Apparently I had been blushing because Levi started to stare at me and finally asked, "What are you blushing at? Or are you normally just as red as a cherry?" Not being able to answer, I had a sudden interest in my hands. It was then that he lifted my chin up using his index finger. "Oi, look at me when I'm talking to you." The first thing I looked at were his beautiful grey eyes. His eyes weren't filled with annoyance or boredom like they usually were, no, but this time they were soft and curious. His ears twitched as if he had thought of something.

"Eren, remember when I first started living here and I said I wanted to sleep on the couch?" I quickly saw where this conversation was heading and just decided to go with it.

"Yes, I do. Might I ask where you're going with this?"

"Well, the couch isn't all that comfortable.." he slightly looked away. "so, I was wondering if I could still take you up on the offer to sleep in the same bed as you." I knew this was just an excuse to sleep with me, and I wasn't surprised by his question either. Yet, I still got even redder, if that was even possible. It suddenly became even harder to make eye contact.

"U-uh.. um.. s-sure, Levi." I finally managed to stutter out an answer, getting redder by the second, yet happier. He looked up at me in surprise.

"Oh, really? I can?"

"Yeah, just don't take advantage of me or I'll have punish you." I winked at him, but he didn't seem to catch it. 'Wow, my attitudes can change fast.' I went from being a blushing mess to trying to talk sexy with him.

"What kind of punishment?"

"Now that, Levi, is a secret." I pet his soft, black ears. He seemed to like it, too. He liked it so much that he even started purring. I chuckled at his adorableness.

"What? What's so funny?" His eyes shot up at mine.

"The fact that you're purring, I mean, I didn't even know that you could purr.. it's still adorable anyway.." I had mumbled the last part.

"Tch. I'm a neko, of course I can purr, dumbass." I sighed and picked up our plates to wash them off in the sink. Soon, I heard delicate footsteps follow me into the kitchen and sit down at the bar that connected my kitchen to my living room. "I wasn't done talking to you, brat." I turned in the neko's direction. "Why is my purring adorable to you?"

"Eh? You caught that?" I was a bit surprised that he had heard me mumble that. Then he pointed to his fluffy ears on top of his head.

"Duh, brat. These things here can hear the faintest of sounds. Now answer my question."

"Because no matter what you do, you're adorable, no matter how weird or hysterical it is." I averted my eyes to anywhere else but him, my cheeks dusting in color in the process.

"W-well.. that.. you.. um.. thanks?" He stuttered. I've come to notice that he only stutters around me, and even that isn't very often. That must mean something...