Chapter 3

Two days from Christmas

"You really think she would like this?"

"I know she will! I'm her best friend!" Ino yelled back.

"Ok, so um how much is it?" Naruto looked at the tag and winced. "Hey um, Ino, would you like to help me out? I swear I'll pay you back!"

"Ugh fine."

Kiba and Hinata (still in each other's bodies.) peeked over to where Naruto was.

"Are you sure I should do this?" Hinata asked.

Kiba nodded. Hinata tried to put on his best act as the actual Hinata and started tapping his fingers together.

"U-um Naruto-o, May I-I ask you s-something?" Hinata asked already knowing the question and his answer.

"Sure Hinata-chan. What's up?" Naruto smiled his famous smile to him and Hinata tried to make himself blush like she always did.

"I-I have always wanted to tell you something. I-I l-l-love y-you." Hinata closed his eyes and hopes he will not return her feelings.

"You love me? Really, Hinata-chan? Awesome! I love you too! Your like my bestest sister ever!" Naruto cheerfully smiled and hugged him.

Hinata was relieved he said no but sad that he had to tell the real Hinata that.

He looked over to her and tried to smile but already knew she heard the answer.

Kiba started crying and running to one of the training fields.

"Hinata- er I mean Kiba-kun wait!" Hinata yelled.

Hinata chased after Kiba. He knew that this would be the outcome, now he just needed to be there for her just like he always was. He ran after her until she stopped at a river and slumped on a rock with her hands covering eyes and her whole body shaking. Hinata slowed down behind her and gently put his hand on her back. He sat next to her and rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. Kiba turned and put her tearful face into Hinata's chest. Kiba wrapped her arms around Hinata. Hinata patted and rubbed her back. He told it was okay and that he was still there for her. They both lay down and huddled together. Soon they fell asleep in each other's arms.

A couple hours later-

"Ahem"

Kiba and Hinata slowly opened their eyes. Hinata scurried out Kiba's arms as he saw Neji. Hinata knew the real Hinata would in trouble since it was usually Kiba's body they would blame.

"And exactly what are doing with my cousin, Kiba?" Neji glared at Kiba's body and Kiba was flipping out.

"I was- I mean he was comforting me ever since I was rejected by Naruto." Hinata said as he tried making some fake tears.

"I see, let's go Hinata, your father assumed you were training. You have disappointed him again. We must return home and study." Neji held his hand out for Hinata and he had to grab it.

Hinata looked really nervous since he didn't know how things worked in her house. "What's study time?" Hinata whispered.

"You read important books in your room for an hour." Kiba whispered back.

Hinata whined because he did not stay still for more than five minutes and he especially did not like reading. He followed Neji to Hyuuga's household and tried acting like Hinata. Kiba just laid down and since this would probably be the only time she would get out of the house, she decided to do things that she's always wanted to do instead of study and the first thing was taking a nap in a tree. So that's what she did. Hinata was complaining in his mind, as he got closer to the living room. He and Neji both went to grab a book and sat down. Not realizing he was Hinata at the moment, he stretched his legs onto the coffee table and opened the thick book. Neji looked at Hinata curiously, his look told Hinata, what are you doing? Hinata quickly moved his legs and sat up. He was so not used to staying still. He kept moving from his position. He sat up and then lay on his side and soon flipped himself over and then sat back up and then went back to lying down but on his stomach. Neji was sitting properly the whole time. He looked over to Hinata as he changed positions many times. Neji got up to get some water. He brought some back for Hinata, "I've never seen you move so much in ten minutes."