Chapter 10

As she opened her mouth a thunderous open hand strike from Nathalie slammed her jaw shut and while it felt like her teeth were crushed, the pain of her own wind disk slicing into her side was much worse. The hand that was once holding onto Nathalie instinctively rushed to her quickly bleeding side.

"Wendy!" Her guildmates yelled, worried at the large gash on her side.

But that left her wide open.

"Lightning Flame Dragon's Claw!" Nathalie spun on her hands and delivered a huge spinning kick into her right cheek. At the moment of contact it exploded violently and in slow motion her body rippled like jelly before she flew right through stone pillar after stone pillar until lodging deep into the cavern's wall.

Nathalie slammed her other foot down into the ground and leaned her body back into a mighty roar. The ground began to crack as her body was surging with even more power. A lightning and fire aura exploded out and surrounded her as she was building up her strength.

Wendy slowly fell out of the wall and crawled a few feet with one hand on the large gash on her side. She slowly stood up and felt her anger subside in the face of such intense pain. Not even her self-healing could fix this. The blood red wind subsided around her and she felt a large part of her magic now used up while Nathalie was blasting waves of wind around her from her growing magic levels alone. It was through sheer will alone that she was still in Dragon Force, the power it normally gave her now diminished.

'What's it gonna take to beat this crow?'

Wendy then saw Nathalie's aura suddenly compress down to her arms as it charged one fist with fire and the other with lightning. Her eyes widened as she realized that the girl was looking to end everything now.

Nathalie let out a shout as she charged up the rest of her energy, reaching into the Second Origin container she had unlocked and pulling out the rest of the power from it.

"Dragon Slayer Secret Art!"

'Is...is she even human…?'

"Crimson Lotus!"

Wendy's eyes were met by Nathalie's, the girl feeling fear spread all over her as she was too afraid and injured to even set up a defense against the incoming attack.

"Exploding Lightning Blade!"

Nathalie swung her arms, creating a vortex of fire and lightning that charged right at her sole target. Wendy took a direct hit, the force so great that she was sent back far away from her original spot. The entire arena shook as the attack destroyed much of the underground cavern.

When she landed, Wendy's energy became so depleted that her body exited Dragon Force as she began to lose consciousness.

'I...can't lose…'

Wendy's fist tightened as she slammed it in the ground out of frustration.

'I can't lose, dammit!'

"That...that was kinda fun, don't you think?" Nathalie innocently smiled, breathing heavily from exhaustion. She walked over to the girl, holding her arm out to help her up.

Wendy only kept looking at the ground in utter disappointment, ignoring Nathalie as she kept slamming her fist into the ground.

Over the speakers, Chapati's voice could be heard by everyone.

"What a fantastic fight!" the man yelled in excitement as the fans began to cheer loudly, "In the battle of 2 Dragon Slayers, the last one standing is Ravenna's Nathalie Dragoclaw!"

'No! This...this can't happen!

T.B.C