FireSky

While the others continued their training, I looked for the little dragon. She was good at hiding. I finally found her in a nook in the tree wall. It was kind of like a little nest in the wall.

"Hey girl..."

Her small head came out the darkness and her blue and orange eyes glistened in the dim light like the sun.

"It's ok, you don't have to be scared..."

She was very untrusting. I reached out and stroked her nose very softly. She had soft bumpy scales that felt like sand after the ocean's washed away. She cowered back and I knelt down.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I won't hurt you."

She slowly came out and sat in front of me. She was a truly, beautiful creature. She had a rare swirling pattern curling across her scales and over her face.

"Hi."

She tilted her head and continued to glare me down.

"I brought you...something."

I held out my hand with a fish on.

"Here."

She slowly neared me then took it quickly. I awaited it to have half thrown up on me like all the other dragons. Nope. She kept it all for herself. I realised she was quite skinny and her ribs were sticking out.

"You not get much to eat girl."

She eyed me carefully, she didn't trust me at all. I reached my fingers out and she growled loudly.

"You miss your Mum don't you?...I know what that feels like..."

I started half talking to myself and walking away. She followed me and I tried to ignore her. She watched my every move. Alec's dragon was a fast learner and when I got back to the others, he was already sitting on RavenClaw.

"Whoa!...That was fast..."

He grinned and glanced around as if looking for my dragon.

"Where's this great dragon of yours?"

I sighed and pointed to the corner where my dragon was playing with a vine.

"She doesn't trust me yet...we're working on it..."

Alex nodded almost disbelievingly.

"Well, as soon as Yasmin and Krystal are ready, we'll head out to get the others...keep working on her. Does she have a name yet?"

I smiled and looked over to her.

"Firesky. Her name is Firesky."