My Viking Helmet

Firesky continued to get closer to me until the point where it was weird when she wasn't following me. By now, the others were ready to leave.

I pulled Alec aside.

"Alec you have to go."

Alec frowned and a strange look of worry filled his face that I hadn't seen before.

"No...You can come on the back of RavenClaw!"

I shook my head as glanced over to Yasmin.

"You're forgetting we have another passenger now. Alec, I'll be fine. I'll just come after you when I've trained Firesky. I'll be ok."

His anxiety increased and he took my hands.

"I won't leave you."

I smiled slowly and looked deep into his blue ocean eyes.

"Faith, Tristen and Leo need you more. Go. I'll follow soon."

He nodded hesitantly and climbed on his dragon.

"I'll be back to bring you home, I promise. Be careful..."

I smiled and my heart flickered like a little flame.

"I will and I will hold you to that. I'll be expecting your return."

He gave me a small smile and they left. I turned my gaze to Firesky.

"Right then, let's play some 'how to train your dragon'."

She ran away and I sighed. The food storage of good humanly-edible fish was getting low so I packed up a few things and moved out. As I had hoped, she followed. We went to a small alcove where I knew we would be safe. She watched me continually gather food, chop wood with my dagger and fetch water from the river. It wasn't until Thursday morning that she made her move...

It was a sunny morning and I was eating my breakfast. As I ate, she slowly and silently crept up behind me and grabbed my helmet. Then she bounced around the like an over-grown puppy dog and wouldn't let me have it back.

"Hey! Give me back my helmet!"

She stared at me and then purposely threw it over into the river. I looked on anxiously.

"Hey! That was my helmet! That was my viking helmet!"

<3 <3 <3