Blossoms

Chapter 23

Faith spent Friday with Tristen waiting for him to get better. She couldn't lose him too. Gothi said that the bite on Tristen's leg was infected and it had spread into a virus. That was why he was so sick. He hadn't woken up since they had arrived back and Faith would not leave his side. He woke and was very happy to see Faith by his bed. Her eyes were blood-shot and swollen from crying and she had my helmet clasped tight to her chest.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded and forced a tiny smile. "Yeah. Are you?"

He nodded with nodded with a relieved smile.

"You've been crying, what's happened?"

Faith felt her eyes filling up again and her cheeks grew hot.

"Lissie...didn't make it. I know I'll see her again....one day. Just like I'll see Dad...I just...don't know what to do anymore..."

Tristen sat up and wrapped her in a hug.

"You know...Allysia's not here anymore, but boy, is she still with us. We just can't see her."

Faith nodded, but she wasn't convinced. How could she carry on her training alone? She and I had never left one another's side since our father's death.

"I don't want to cry...I just can't help it."

Yasmin came in the room, followed by Krystal and Leo.

"Hey, we heard Trist had woken up and wondered if you guys wanted to come and throw these blossoms into the ocean for Liss?"

Faith nodded along with Tristen and they started towards the water. The ocean wasn't a long walk away, but it seemed to last forever this time. The sound of feet pattering down the wooden pier usually sounded nice, but this time, it was more like thunder calls than summer rain. They reached the end and sighed before each taking a handful of the soft-smelling petals. One at a time, each person threw their handful into the ocean.

A few minutes of silence for the loss of their fellow friend, sister and dragon trainer.

<3 I want to apologise for not posting the next chapter in ages! I have been working on a new fanfic and I guess I just forgot about it xD <3