The Whistler

We clambered into the small wooden fishing boat and, after a quick recap on the rules, rowed out to sea. We clambered into the small wooden fishing boat and, after a quick recap on the rules, rowed out to sea.

The waves were a little rough, but not too bad. I rowed hard with the others and soon enough we were near a perfect fishing spot. Excitedly, we cast out nets and waited...and waited....and waited...and waited.

Krystal was impatient and grew more and more agitated.

"Ok, that's it! I'm going swimming to pass the time."

She took off her helmet and leapt into the water. "Krystal get back in the boat! You're breaking the rules!"

Krystal rolled onto her back and swam towards a dark fog.

"I'm gonna go into the fog!"

Her teasing wasn't funny anymore and I decided to help Alec and intervene.

"Krystal get back in here!"

She ignored me and swam in to our disbelief.

"Oh great!"

We rowed in after her. It was dark and smelly and cold. Almost as soon as we were in, Krystal burst out the water and screamed to scare us. "Krystal! Get in and we can go back!"

Krystal climbed in reluctantly and squeezed out her long, blonde braid.

"Calm down guys! I was gone for a couple of minutes!"

Alec squinted angrily at her his lips pursed and his hands on his hips. "

Do you ever think of anyone besides yourself?" Krystal hung her head ashamedly.

"Sorry."

Alec huffed the tried to turn the boat round.

"You stupid girl! No one goes into Deadman's Fog and comes out alive."

We gulped deeply. As we rowed back out, the fog only seemed to get thicker. Tristen broke into a nervous whisper.

"Err...Did we go the right way?"

I was thinking the exact same thing as he. I felt a rush of panic, but, somehow, kept my cool. We started to hear animals such as birds and crickets. My heart sank. We were definitely not heading towards Berk, but turning back could result in total loss. We had to keep going. Faith spotted land and pointed victoriously.

"A pebble beach! Head that way!"

We turned the boat and crunched our way into port. Alec was first to get out, then he helped all of us out. The pebble beach led into a deep green forest. Alec stepped into the trees and we nervously followed. A canopy of leaves and branches blocked out what little sunlight made it through to the island. The trees were ancient and huge, they seemed to grab at you and groan in the wind. The cricket chirping got louder and louder until we heard this loud, piercing whistle that forced us to the ground paralysing us for a few moments. When we had regained control of ourselves, we hid behind a rock near a clearing in the trees. A beautiful, white dragon landed not ten feet away from us. It's white scales sparkled amongst random red ones as it munched away on its half-dead prey. I heard Alec gulp next to me.

"I know where we are now, guys. We're on Whistler Island."

<3 <3 <3