Two: Killing Kids is Bad

If she could see, Mara would know she was being led into a large house that looked like a miniature castle. It was set back from the road, away from the city. The outside of the house was covered in gray and tan bricks. It had two turret-looking towers on either side. Vibrant green vines crept along the walls. There were flowers and trees, two ponds - one on either side of the house - even a beautiful gazebo that floated on top of one of the ponds. The yard was lit up by lamps on the fence posts and two lights on either side of the heavy front door that resembled a trapdoor from medieval times.

It looked straight out of a fairy-tale. But there would be no such thing here.

A hand helped her step out of the car and a the deep voice of a man gave her a warning of the step out. Her bare feet landed on a gravel surface. Her captors hadn't spoken one word to her the duration of the ride and she hadn't inquired anything. She didn't want to ruin her surprise. Or theirs ... boy, were these humans in for a treat.

They walked her up the gravel path and the same voice from before warned her there were three steps to climb. She waited while they opened the front door and then she was led inside. She was taken through the house and down a set of stone steps.

"I've got it from here," the voice said.

"Yes, my Lord," another male voice said and Mara heard his footsteps walk away, then a door close.

"In here, my sweet."

Mara grinned. If this man thought he was going to do anything to her that she didn't want him to do, he was gravely mistaken.

"Are you going to fuck me?" Mara asked from beneath the cover.

The man laughed, a deep throaty sound that echoed off the walls. "Later, perhaps." It sounded like a threat. Mara smiled again.

"Have a seat." The man helped her to sit in an uncomfortable chair that felt like it was made out of stone and intended for two or three people. Once she was sat down, she heard the click of a lamp go on and immediately felt heat against her face, even under the cover. A few seconds later, music started playing. An upbeat, island-type song.

The man didn't say anything. Carefully he removed the cover over her face (a burlap bag) and she found herself staring into blue ice-like eyes. The song continued playing and a man started singing.

Mara curled her lip in disgust, looking around the room. She furrowed her brow when she saw a mural on the wall beside her; the painting depicted a beach, complete with palm trees, waves, and bright sunshine made real by the heat lamp staring into her face. She went to the push the lamp away, but realized her hands were still tied.

"Could you move that thing? It's going to burn my face."

"That's the point," The man said calmly.

"And Jimmy Buffet? Are you serious?"

The man cleared his throat and dragged a chair over so he could sit directly in front of her. He was tall, muscular, and had long black hair that was pulled into a ponytail behind his back. He stared at her for a moment, then leaned forward so he was inches from her face.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Am I supposed to?"

He grinned. "No. Because you're new. If you knew who I was, perhaps you wouldn't be acting so incredible stupid in my fucking town."

Mara laughed. "Am I supposed to be afraid of you?"

"Not yet." He stood then and walked across the room where a medical tray was. It had several tools on it. The man picked up a pair of rusty old-looking shackles.