Three: Burning Love ... or Not

"You," Mara said as the man towered over her. "I know who you are now. My master told me all about you."

"Did he?" The man feigned interest.

"You're that master vampire that's been tormenting this city for the last twenty-five years or so. You took some human bitch and turned her into your baby slave."

"You do know me," the man said, turning the pliers in his hands. "I'm delighted."

"What's your name? Eric or some shit?"

"Aimeric."

"Right. I've heard you've done some pretty twisted shit. Yet you're here lecturing me because I ate a few kids?"

"Like I said before, baby-killers are taken more seriously. People don't take it well when you kill their children."

"How about turning their kids into a sex slave?"

"Aralyn was an adult and she had no real family left when I got to her; she wanted to die anyway."

"Where is she now? Here?"

"Stop talking."

Mara grinned, sensing he was becoming angry with her. "You killed her, didn't you?"

"I loved her," he sneered.

"Our kind can't love."

"Another ridiculous statement from a newborn vampire."

"You didn't answer my question. You killed her."

"Yes, I killed her. I had to because she got out of hand doing the same things you are doing now: killing children, bringing all sorts of attention to our kind. She wouldn't stop; her actions killed most of our clan and burned down our home, so I took her head off."

"So much for love, huh?" Mara said.

"Enough. Open your mouth."

"You didn't say please." Mara leaned back in the chair.

Aimeric straddled her, pushing her head back and prying her mouth open with his hands. He looked at her in mock sympathy and said, "Brace yourself; this is going to hurt."

He used the pliers to pull on one of her fangs until it slid out, dripping blood. Searing hot pain shot from her mouth to her head, but Mara only laughed.

"It's just going to grow back," she said through her giggles, sending spurts of blood spraying onto Aimeric's face.

"That's the fun of it; we can do this for hours."

"What else can you do for hours, daddy?" Mara thrusted against him. Aimeric grabbed her chin, smearing the blood from her mouth over his fingers and half her face. He kissed her, thrusting his tongue into hers, tasting her blood. She pushed her tongue against his. Finally, they were getting somewhere. This torture shit was so boring when she was on the receiving end.

"Wouldn't you like to know, my pet?" Aimeric said against her mouth. He then yanked the other fang out so quickly she barely felt it until the blinding pain returned, sending what felt like the worst migraine she had ever had as a human piercing through her eyes and the top of her head. She screamed. The scream soon turned into more laughter. She hung her head, chuckling as blood dribbled out of her mouth.

She heaved a heavy sigh. "That's exhilarating. Do it again."

"You're going to be more fun than I originally thought." Aimeric tossed the pliers to the floor. He stood straight up and raised his hands, showing his fingertips elongating into claws.