Chapter Four; The One Where He Bites Her

Jaxon

"And I told him I didn't want to stunt much, but my coach really doesn't give a shit. I hate being a back spot because I'm not even the tallest in my stunt group and I am pretty strong but I have a low pain tolerance and my wrists are really weak so when they fall and it's my job to catch them I always got hurt. Just like tonight! And its not fair. My flyer, the girl that goes in the air, she falls all the time and I have to catch her. She's sat on my face, on my face Jaxon! I'd ask you if you could imagine that but you'd turn it dirty and it doesn't feel nice when my nose almost got broken by someones butt. Have you ever had your nose broken by someone's butt? I think not my friend. And ugh! Don't even get me started on the captain, she keeps calling me her bitch and saying how if I lost weight then I might be able to do more."

At first I was smirking, because she's right and there were so many ways I could have made that dirty, but now I'm scowling. "You shouldn't let her tell you those things Genevieve. They're false and you're so much more beautiful then she is."

She giggles, as if embarrassed. "Stop saying that, that's not true." My heart drops at her words and I begin to stare at her, how can she even think that's true? "Anyway, as I was saying, she's a total jerk and she doesn't care about what happens to me either as long as I can still walk after. That's total bullshit -I mean look at this!"

Genevieve shoves her hand- -that was previously hidden behind her back- -in my face.

I gasp and clutch onto her elbow so I can steady her, as I see the spreading bruise and redness I feel myself tense. If she picks up on my growing anger she doesn't show it.

"Be quiet, please. Just let me look at this." I tell her, she stops ranting about how ugly bruises were because of the puke yellow color and looks at me with surprise. I rarely stop her from talking.

Because of my fighting, and Antoinette's insane family, I know how to test and treat many injuries, including broken bones.

"It's just a sprain, here, I have extra wraps in my backpack in case I hurt something boxing." She nods, watching as I fish it out and gently wrap her wrists. Testing it out a few times she nods, pleased.

"That should heal pretty quick but something, or someone, must have gripped you, hard. What happened?" Her face twists into a frown, shame lurking behind her amber eyes. Nick's face flashes in my mind and I'm scrambling to my feet and heading towards the door. "I'm going to kill him."

She follows me, my intentions clear as my forming fists.

Genevieve steps in front of me, hands pressing into my chest.

I surprise myself by glaring at her, making her steps falter. "Get off me, I'm going to kick his ass. I warned him, I warned him not to touch you." I growl, trying to step forward but she only gets in my way again.

"Jaxon listen to me."

"No, I don't want you to try to stop me. He needs to learn he can't hurt you." I grab her side, prepared to move her past me so I can find Nick but then, out of all things, she jumps on me.

Wrapping her legs around my waist Genevieve locks her wrists behind my neck. I stand stiff, torn between pressing her against the wall and doing what I want, which is hurting Nick until he can't hurt her anymore.

Her thighs tighten, reminding me I haven't moved and she's still holding up her own weight. I slide my hands under her, lifting her easily. Her head, which disappeared into my neck, comes back into my sights.

She looks scared, and tense, and like she's prepared for the worst.

It breaks my heart.

"Jaxon...please." She whispers.