Chapter Two; The One Where They Go To The Carnival

Jaxon

Genevieve agreed to meet me at our spot when school ended, and if there's one thing I've learned about her is she always keeps her word and is never late. She hates letting people down so she does everything she can to get where she needs to go on the right time.

So when she didn't show up for the next five minutes I knew something was wrong, and when I heard the familiar sound of Nick screaming I took off towards her lockers -I know theirs are right next to each other. 

The sight had me seeing red.

The hallway was empty besides Nick fucking Miller pinning Genevieve down against a set of lockers, tears were streaming down her face as she grimaced. It was clear the grip he had on her was painful, and he was still yelling.

"If you ever fucking tell Mom or Dad I'll-" I cut him off by grabbing his collar, throwing him into the opposite set of lockers. I set in front of her, knowing she'll probably end up on the ground. I wouldn't put it past him to kick her. 

"Do what?" I growl when he stands, he spits blood out and faces me with a glare but I can see the fear in his eyes. "Nothing."

I step closer, he scrambles back. 

"You'll do nothing." I lean towards him, my hands clench inside my pockets as I will myself not to hit him. "Because if you ever hurt her again, you don't want to know what I'll do to you. I'll be told if you touch her, she won't keep your secret. I suggest you leave now, or I will put you in the fucking hospital." My voice drops into a harsh whisper, and I know that my point got across even more because I didn't hit him.

His face pales and he nods. "I won't, I won't." He says, my eyes narrow as I watch him scramble his pathetic ass away. 

I'm still seeing red when I look at her, but the sight of her hunched over on the ground instantly dwindles out any fear. It leaves room for fear, concern and protectiveness. 

I never want to see her cry again. 

I sit down next to her and offer her my hand, she glances up and quickly wipes her eyes. When she looks back at me the pain in her amber eyes has me wanting to cry myself. She looks down at my hand again, I wait for her to make the first move.

When she's upset sometimes is better not to touch her at all, and sometimes a touch is all she needs. She doesn't like people to know she's upset but I think I'm slowly becoming an exception. 

Because now she comes to me when she's had a bad day.

And on my bad days all I want to see is her. 

"Does it still hurt?" I ask, my voice in a small whisper. She nods her head, being honest. "What can I do?" 

Her lips quiver and I can tell she's trying not to cry again, trying to hold it in. "Hold me? Please." 

"All you had to do was ask." I say, grabbing her waist and pulling her towards me. She falls between my legs, hands pressed on my chest as she silently shakes with sobs. My back falls painfully against the cold lockers but I could care less.

I wrap a arm around her and put one on the back of her head, playing with her hair to help calm her down. Eventually she stops crying and slumps back to the ground. 

She smiles at me lightly, and I find myself smiling back. 

Genevieve bites her lip, glancing towards the doors her brother disappeared out of. Her head tilts as she looks back at me, letting me know she wants to ask something. "What is it?"

"Can I- Can I spend the night again?" She looks away. I hold out a hand to her, lifting us both off the ground simultaneously. 

"Of course, what are friends for?" I say, but the words don't feel right.