chapter 1

Sometimes it felt like I was fighting against myself, even if I didn't know who that really was. The red eyes flashing back at me in my reflection in the mirror? The familiar woman whispering to me in my subconscious? The kind person that Byun Baekhyun swore I was? It was an eternal war and I never got my answer.

Who is Jangmi?

'' Gun 5, did you fall asleep or something? Are you there? Leader, did you leave her out of your sight again? Just so you know, we are not sending out another search party for you. ''

A hand touched my cheek, roughly pulled on my skin and I snapped out of my thoughts. I cringed in pain and glared at the person that was standing next to me. Baekhyun didn't even bother to glance in my direction and he put his arms back in a crossed position on his chest. His face was concealed by a black mask and his serious gaze stayed focused on the ground. The large silver gun strapped to his waist had his initials carved in it.

BBH.

I clearly remembered all the times he was forced to point that gun at me.

'' Why didn't we give an earpiece to the new guy? I feel bad for him. Everyone already thinks that our unit is full of rude and unaccepting people and now he is going to think that the rumours were right, '' I spoke up and shook my head with disapproval. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the sound of my words, but he didn't say anything in response. The two of us were standing on the roofing of Seoul's main train station. Our figures were almost completely concealed in the darkness of the night, you could only see the shine of our silver guns in the faint moonlight. I was itching to move and do something, but the orders were clear.

Seoul's main train station was as crowded as ever. Trains were coming and going, people were walking up and down the numerous platforms, standing around and waiting. The twenty four hours open noodle shops were preparing new batches of food and some workers were repairing the railing a bit further away from the main area. The lights of their head torches were dancing around the stopped trains and I could hear the faint sound of their chatter and laughter in the distance.

Baekhyun frowned and seriously muttered: '' Are the rest of you in your positions? ''

'' Gun 3, on the bridge, '' Shiyoung lazily responded and yawned. I easily spotted her figure in the crowd of people that were on the bridge that was going above the open train station. She was leaning against the railing, supporting her chin with her hand and looking like she couldn't wait to go home. Her long black coat was lightly floating in the night wind and her dark hair was tied in a ponytail.

'' Gun 2, the noodle shop with the pink umbrella in the front, '' Jongin lightheartedly answered after the girl. He was quiet for a few moments, then everyone could hear the sound of slurping through the earpieces. I saw Baekhyun sigh and mumble something incomprehensible, while Shiyoung began protesting complaining how she was hungry too and she wanted them to switch positions. Jongin insisted that he'll be the one to go inside the train station and now we understood why.

Their arguing was cut off by Baekhyun. '' Sin? Where are you? ''

'' Gun 4, on one of the lamp posts near the workers. It's broken, so they can't see me, '' Sin lowly answered and I couldn't help it but to chuckle when I spotted his figure in the darkness. He really was standing on a lamp post on the other side of the train station, as still as a statue. '' I haven't spotted the vampire yet, but it looks like new guy got a lead. ''

'' A lamp post? Seriously? How much worse can you even be? '' Jongin sighed and muttered in response: '' We get t, you are a vampire and really cool. You can stop showing off now. You are not impressing anyone. ''