5. Night terror

VOTE SHARE AND COMMENT please

On the outside it seemed like a fine day. The birds were chirping, singing its stories for the wind. The sun was shining, showing off to the now sleeping moon and the morning misy lifted to reveal a picture perfect forest.

Everything seems beautiful. Everything seemed content and in place.

Well everything but dear Esmeralda.

Barely getting a wink of sleep, she layed in the furthest corner of her bed, almost one with the wall.

Her eyes were bloodshot, and wore thick dark bags under. Her hair was untamed and falling out of its restraints while her skin seemed to be littered with goosebumps that stood proud.

She layed still, barely moving as the dreams of last night played in her head.

It's never happened before, and what made it more peculiar was the people in it.

Or person to be exact.

She'd only seen him once, but his picture seemed to be engraved in her mind.

There was something about him. Maybe his indescribable aura of dark purity that followed his every step.
Maybe it was the way his gaze burned her, before she even knew of his existence. Or maybe it was the way that he looked at her, holding her glance for far too long to just be strangers.

He occupied her ever thought since, and now even her dreams. And quite frankly, it scared her.

Seeing him dressed in a prestigious white suite, holding onto her in the middle of a garden, looking at her as if she was the most angylic being he has ever come across while she sat in one of those vintage, buffed out dressed matching the colors of his suite while feeding him cherries, thrilled me more than it should. It felt so real that Esmeralda could swear that she could feel ever detail of his hard, chiseled face and could feel the warmth of his body on hers.

It was too real to be just a dream. Yet that's all it was.

Her body shivered with an unknown feeling as the replayed her thoughts.

"I'm going mad." She thought to herself, wrapping her blankets more snugly around her small body.

Esmeralda decided to try and catch up with her sleep when a knock on her door sounded.

Aunt Maddie pranced into the room, with a sparkle to her smile and a hop to her step.

Her smile didn't alter a single bit as she her eyes met Esmeralda's bloodshot one.

"Have some tea dear." She put three teaspoons of sugar into Esmeralda's tea before placing it on her bed stand.

Unlike Esmeralda had expected, Aunt maddie ignored her state completely and even though Esmeralda would never admit it, it hurt.

Such emotions are to be expected when one is grown in a home of an overprotective mother. The thought made her homesick.

Maybe that's what this all was. Maybe this was her subconscious mind trying to overcome the homesickness that began to stir up inside her.

"Esmeralda dear, today's a big day in town. It's a festival." Aunt Maddie chirped in delight.

"What festival?" Esmeralda tried to show an emotion of interest in her dead, groggy voice but suspected that she had failed miserably. It didn't seem as if Aunt Maddie cared.

"Its the founders festival. It's to celebrate the angles that once lived here. "

Esmeralda scoffed.

"Thousands of years ago, on this day was when the angel first realized he was inlove." Aunt Maddie spoke with the most delicate tone she'd ever heard. "So rest my dear, it's going to be a long night."

With those final words, Aunt maddie left the room, leaving Esmeralda in her battle between herself and her mind.

***
First of all.
500 reads. Wow!
I never expected more than 3, so one can imagine how amazing this makes me feel. Thank you once again.

Secondly, this chapter hasn't even been read over but thought of 500 reads took over my rational mind.

There are alot of mistakes, and I will correct all once I am done with this book.

Till next time.

Make good choices.

Love you 3000!

~Virgo.