12. leave

Never has Esmarelda seen so much emotion masked behind the depths of a soul.

That was before she looked into his eyes.

His gaze was fiercely and strong, like a hunter eyeing it's prey. But they were like nothing she's seen before. They weren't hard, nor fragile. There was nothing dull nor lifeless about them.
They were truthful eyes, it darkened when they knew he was about to speak something unfaithful. Now, they reminded her not of an evening storm, nor a lake of honey. His eyes shined darker than the shade of night.

"Leave." His words were sharp and rigid. "I don't see what you're trying to accomplish here, but it isn't working. You should leave. "

Esmarelda had expected nothing close to a romantic proclamation of love, and Castil didn't fail to oblige.

His tone reminded quiet, with no room left for argument. But Esmarelda was too dumbfounded to get that.

"I don't understand?" She held together her voice, at best she could.

Esmarelda had never had much control over her emotions. This situation proves her theory.

"This isn't the city. There's no casino's or clubs here. What's there for a young girl like you to do here? You rather just go. I'm sure nobody would mind"

Esmarelda grew furious. He knew nothing about her. He had no right.

"And why? Why in heavens name would I listen to you, Castiel?"

It was the first time Esmeralda said his name, and it was laced with venom. She felt butter towards him, but the feelings felt forgin. Such distaste towards him felt wrong.

He took a step forward, and his scent dominated the air.

The wind picked up, sending his lock of curls into a mess.
His fingers swept though his rich locks, in an attempt to tame the beast.

"Just say away from me Esmeralda." He said, emphasizing each word.

Now, his eyes were the darkest she'd ever seen them; almost a nightingale black. That's what she noticed before he took off.

Quite frankly, she was glad that he'd left. Despite his arrogant, low-blown mien. His presence brought a sense of warmth, that scared her.

She watched his figure retreat, before following his path back to the house.

Inside, the host's for this evening were sitting together, with aunt Maddie perched between them.

"Ooh Esmeralda, Amy just had the greatest idea." Aunt Maddie beamed.

She smiled politely at her aunt, making herself comfortable in the seat opposite them.

"Yes! What better way to meet new people than to go for a girl's night with Amy? You could meet all her friends, stay over together. You'll must go tonight!"

Esmarelda wasn't sure if her aunt was insisting or commanding, but with the smile of pure ecstacy on her face. It was hard to say no.

So she agreed.

Aunt Maddie left with her friend. Leaving the two young ladies alone, to doll up for the night.

Esmarelda was not a girl to go out much. She grew up with a strict parent, who would rather hike up mount Everest than allow her daughter to go out. During her early teen's, Esmeralda disagreed with her mother completely. Then after she began embracing herself, she ended up distancing herself from others.

By then her mother wished for her to interact more with the outside world, but it was too late. She her solitude.

Amy on the other hand seemed over joyed.
Esmarelda had still not come go terms with trusting her, but Amy seemed different ever since the others left.
Esmarelda began to think that maybe she had misjudged her.

So just like that, time flew. Before they knew it, they were all dolled up for the night that would change their lives.

***
AN

I wrote this while suffering from writers block, so it's just not the same.

But I owe my readers another chapter. I feel like a bad author for not updating for like more than a month.

I hope that it was satisfying tho.

I will go back later and edit a few things to make it flow better.

But for now,

Please vote❤

QOTD:

Worst pick up line?

Till next time

Make good choices!

~Virgo

And ps. I'm almost at 1k votes! How?! I'm freaking dying out of joy over here!

 I'm almost at 1k votes! How?! I'm freaking dying out of joy over here!