Chapter 1

Adrenalin coursed through your veins as you struggled to survive. Avoiding gunshots and dropped grenades is your only hope to get back to your base as fast as possible and be in his arms again. You ran as fast as your legs can carry you through this chaos; your mind only filled with his image while you carried on.

But to your disappointment; you just have to trip halfway through your journey. You hissed when you felt that you have scarped your knee but still carried on. You wouldn't give up now like what he did. He was fighting to win this war, and you will too, for his sake.

You saw a Silhouette of a man not too far off in the distance. Tears of joy cascaded down your cheeks as you noticed the familiar curl and the swears heard from where you stand. You ran to his direction and he faced you with wide eyes as one of the opposing army's troop was behind you...and...

Romano jolted up and panted as he had that horrid dream for the hundredth time. It's been haunting him ever since she died in war, and his depression over her loss isn't helping with this situation at all. He didn't eat for days and slept if not for Spain who forced him to. He wanted her to be the one comforting him, but she was also the cause of his misery and despair.

He looked out of the window and noticed that it was already daytime, not that he would go out, so he didn't really mind and went back to the comfort of his blanket, but it was not enough to heal his wounded heart. He already had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. Everyone tried cheering him up and making him move on, but he just can't. She was the only person who accepted his flaws; either his laziness or his act of being stubborn, she didn't mind and stayed with him. No matter how many times he tried to shoo her away thinking that she would leave and hurt him also; she didn't. She accepted him for who he is. And now that she's gone, his world just crumbled and is now pointless.

He tried killing himself too, but it wasn't working since his wounds would just heal. He also wondered why her wounds didn't heal since she's also a country but decided to drop the subject as he remembered that she had a low chance of surviving from all the wounds and the drop on her country.

He grumbled as a knock on the door cuts off the comforting silence inside the room and faced away with his blanket over his head. Spain, who entered with a tray of breakfast, frowned at Romano's behavior. Even tomatoes can't cheer the Italian up, but he had to try and stay with him the best he could.

"Romano, you should eat." the Italian just grumbled again as he dismissed the Spaniard's please like he always did every day. Spain sighed and tugged the blankets away, forcing Romano up, and also forced him to eat for the sake of his health. After 2 spoonful's did he stop eating and hid back under his blanket, but Spain had enough of it.

"Romano. I'm going out to get some groceries, and you're coming with me." He said sternly. Romano knew more than not to piss the Spaniard off and complied to his displeasure. Spain went out with the tray while Romano changed into some decent clothing. He stared at a tipped off picture frame and flipped it up, revealing an old photo of him and (y/n). Tears threatened to spill as he tipped it down again and headed out of his room. He and Spain headed out to the local market and he had his head down, with his hoodie over his head and his hands tucked inside his pockets, quietly following Spain's steps. Due to this, he bumped into an anonymous person who squeaked from the impact, but he didn't mind and caught up to Spain leaving them on the floor.

"Hey! You should at least say sorry!" He stopped on his tracks from the familiar voice and shook his head. You were dead for god's sake! It must only be his head playing tricks on him.

"Hey! Hey you, mister! I'm talking to you!" He finally turned around and his eyes widened. You were there, standing in front of him with an angry pout with your arms crossed over your chest. Your (h/c) hair blowing with the wind and your (e/c) eyes silently glaring through his soul. But, you were dead, weren't you?

"(y-y/n)..." The girl in front of him stared at him with confusion written across her face, "How do you know my name?" His heart shattered in a million pieces, yet again. You don't remember anything. Maybe it was just pure coincidence that he bumped into someone who looked exactly like you and had the same name. It's not like you were reincarnated or something. How foolish of him to hope that you were alive in front of him since you also died in front of him.

"Answer me, mister!" You were getting agitated over this, it was pretty obvious, and Romano decided to reply in his groggy voice, "You just look like someone I know; I didn't know you two had the same name. Ciao." He turned around on his heels and walked off, leaving the girl dumbfounded. She didn't see what he looked like because of the hood, but she saw some chocolate brown hair peeking from it and olive green eyes. She just shrugged and took off to her destination, while Romano was debating whether he should tell Spain about his encounter or not.

"H-Hey...Antonio..." The said Spaniard hummed as he picked which tomato he would buy while Romano was standing beside him "Don't laugh when I tell you..." He raised a brow at this, "Carry on, Roma." "W-Well...I met someone who looks like...(y/n)...and also had the same name...?" Spain just looked at Romano in disbelief, "That's impossible, Roma!" "That's what I thought..." He grumbled before shutting up as they moved to a next stall. Spain felt a bit of guilt when he just dropped down Romano's hope, but it was impossible that you were still alive.

Or is it?