CHAPTER|SIX

|Emma|

Love and Lust. Those concepts are clearly two different things, two different definitions, but their meanings can most definitely intertwine with each other in certain situations.

When such similar emotions have qualities that can so easily mesh together, it is easy for black and white to become grey. When lines are blurred it is inevitable for confusion to surface upon said topics.

Having a deep and uncontrollable care for someone and having a deep desire for them, is in no way contradictory. It is obvious whilst being in love with a person, desiring them will come into play. Or in other situations someone only lusting after sex can began to fall in love with the person they weren't supposed to have feelings for to begin with. The two concepts can run their course together, hence the previous mention of the blurring of a line.

But where there is a blur, blindness can follow suit, and your mind can unconsciously misinterpret what is truly happening.

Mistaking love for lust happens repeatedly in life, some realize it head on, and some waste a whole relationship on what they didn't know was just pure attraction.

Lust will always be the tip off the iceberg, the beginning, the last petal off a flower. Knowing you are just being lustful and being aware of your state of mind, saves an immense amount of time for you and the counter party.

Though, Choosing lust over love can can emulate the selfishness a human naturally has, but some can't help but think with their bodily needs rather than there heart. There is nothing wrong these people, they just know nothing other than lust, and that may be all that is for them. Some people are meant to love, and others are meant to fuck whom they please. Those who are destined to love will encounter lust no matter what, but the journey to love is inevitable.

Seeking these two ordeals can come from an instinct your body gives or it can be something you have been surrounded with your whole life. You can either pine for it or runaway from the ideas of love and desire. Receiving affection from family is drastically different from receiving it from someone not kin to you, your body knows how to react to endearment given from a parent, contrary to a random school crush. When that is shown from a person you find yourself interested in, endorphins are released, and you find yourself longing for physical contact or more of that affection.

The love a mother has for her partner will always leave and impression on a child and ultimately impact them later in life. The casual sex a character has in a movie, or the sex scene that accidentally played on family night in front of a impressionable person, because we all are, will have an influence on how we go about giving ourselves to the people we share life with.

Except me, none of those things ever affected or took a toll on my growing adolescent body. Nothing pushed me, as a child, to go out and find love, and everyone losing there virginity didn't coerce me to want to lose mine to avoid being left behind. Everyone wants to rush to find the one or to finally be in that full state of pleasure, but the ones who let it come to them will enjoy that state of ecstasy, whether it be sexual or not, the most. Good things come in time.

It had been a week since I was in the wrong twins room, a week since I'd lost the lip gloss that lured Ethan to me, and week since I'd placed my lips on his skin because he said he couldn't get the thought of it off of his mind.

I have had a total of two more than platonic interactions with Ethan, and here I was sitting across from his brother who couldn't seem to keep his mouth closed for more than a span of thirty seconds, "What do you think about going camping again, Emma?"

"Absolutely not, Gray." I scoffed loudly thinking of the last time I went camping with Grayson and his friends. I, of course, brought a girl friend along to break the ice with all the guys being there. Once Grayson's friend Nick showed up I knew my night was completely ruined, he had to be the most persistent out of all the guys who wanted to fuck me. That night consisted of Nick repeatedly hitting on me, and his stupid ass pickup lines, Ethan was also there being his usually self and ignoring any existence of myself.