CHAPTER|THREE

|Emma|

Focus is an asset everybody has, but never uses properly or efficiently. There are so many things in the world people fail to notice, and it is honestly unfortunate. People will go about there whole lives avoiding or failing to realize that there is always a bigger picture to their everyday routines.

We all have our own mindsets, and ways that we go about approaching things. Physically or Mentally. Your perspective on things will always stem from a personal preference you have, whether it be subconsciously or not. We choose what we want to interact with according to what the best interest is at that moment in time.

What a person chooses to focus on or put their time into can really tell you a lot about that person. Where attention is given can cause immense amounts of selfishness or selflessness. If an act of selfishness is done, that does not immediately make that person bad. They may just see that something has more importance than what another may think. Nobody will ever be able to see every perspective of every situation, but the eye of certain people can deter them from the basic minds of the people we have no choice to be surrounded with. Open mindedness is a virtue that none of us will ever completely possess because we as humans will always be selfish to some extent.

I am well aware of the selfishness I present on a day to day basis, and I would say it doesn't greatly affect my good character. I am still mindful of the people that I care about, and the ones that go out of their way to show that they care for me. There is always more to look into people that I choose to avoid, and different perspectives that may explain why I don't care for them. But I am selfish.

If a person is cold towards me, I will not go out of my way to figure out why, though there is probably a reason for it, why go looking for answers when that's just the way things are supposed to be, or you can just focus on yourself to be better for you. Not them.

I was currently at Grayson's house, and in his bathroom putting on makeup for no particular reason. Makeup didn't make me feel better about myself, but I was fully aware that it took my bare face to another level of beauty.

Lip products were most definitely my thing, and something you could always find on my mouth. My lips were soft and plump and the perfect size for my well proportioned face. I was obsessed with lip moisturizers, but lip gloss is really what makes me feel like I'm on top. I was also very particular about the kinds that I use, it may seem like a waste to spend fifty dollars or more on such a small product, but it was so much more to me. A glossy lip could have me staring at myself for hours on end. A glossy lip could get a anyone to do anything I wanted.

I carefully applied the shiny and thick liquid to my lips as a body burst through the door adjacent to me. I turned to see Ethan, not surprised because I was kind of in his bathroom that him and his brother shared. His body didn't have a shirt on its top half, and his face had an annoyed look on it. I already knew it was because I had my shit all over the counter, and my presence alone got to him. I was only wearing a bralette, so I guess we were even in the half naked department. His abs were gleaming as if he had just gotten back from gym. Nice I thought then continued on applying the gloss to my lips.

"What are you doing in here, Emma?" he said with an annoyed tone laced into his deep voice. I was surprised he even said something to me because he always just returns to an area that he sees me in when I leave.

I rolled my eyes at his attitude, and focused back on what I was doing, "What does it look like Ethan? You can come take a closer look if you want."