CHAPTER|SEVEN

|Emma|

To be indecisive is something our minds cant help but be when we have so many emotions and feelings involuntarily coursing throughout our bodies. It is not easy to go with something you may feel differently about in a few hours or days, so gambling an idea back in forth in your head is more than necessary.

People will second guess themselves, decisions, or their actions whether it is something small or life altering. All the different scenarios that could have happened will cross our minds like a reflex, and eventually those could haves turn into should haves. When you wish something would have happened, those thoughts lead to regrets. Regret repulses the human conscience, and we do everything we can to avoid going down that particular route.

However, regrets are not a deciding factor for everybody, and taking risks is what matters the most for that particular person. Living for now requires reflections on past decisions to be eliminated, and to leave everything to chance.

This requires a person to let go of the control or holds they have over themselves or sometimes other people.

Overthinking a situation or decision is what holds us back the most, and to not think is what lifts those invisible restraints. Thinking before we do something allows the weighing of the good and the bad outcomes to enter our minds, which is the smart thing to do in some instances.

But, everyone knows the ride you are taking is always more exhilarating with your eyes closed.

Not knowing what comes next or what can come of things is what adds that thrill to situations in life. As humans we all want to feel that certain thrill, again, whether it is something big, or something as simple as finding money and not returning it.

Though we all want to feel this stimulated glory, there's always the impending moment when you have to become blind to what could happen next. And no one likes to be left in the dark.

Giving into the darkness or an unknown outcome means giving up that control your mind and conscious has over you, and just letting everything be. Not having control makes us feel weak, and the need to not feel this particular way, is what holds us back the most as humans.

Not having these mental blocks can possibly lead to something revolutionary, and push you to take more of these so-called risks. Or the lack of self control can lead to failure, and push you back a few steps in life.

But, in reality, the starting point or end result is all about how you felt during the journey. Because no matter the outcome, the tough or easy part in the middle, is what builds and adds to your character as person.

It's all about the meat.

Of course, I, Emma Chamberlain don't eat meat because I am in fact a vegetarian since birth. But for some reason, as I sat across from the twins, I couldn't stop watching my best friend's brother devour whatever kind of meat he was poisoning himself with. I was very judgmental when it came to the meat department, though I had never had a taste of it in my life.

Today was different though, the idea of meat when it came to Ethan had me in a trance. Correction, everything I saw had me zoning out, and thinking about the boy across from me. I still had the feeling of his lips on my neck, and the thought of how he ran his mouth across the cleavage of my breast without purposefully going any further had my face red and hot, as a green bean hung from my mouth.