Chapter Forty: The Heir of LyrAndal

"Got her! Way to go Dad!" Kenneth said.

The flames expanded and grew out of control. Kenneth jumped back on top of his drone and retreated towards Reegan's ship to get away from the flames. Everyone could hear the fire as the blaze intensified.

But then another sound began to be heard over top of the fire and smoke, it was a sound of laughter. Next a set of green glowing eyes were seen within.

 Everyone felt a wave of disheartenment as Adimniss stepped out of the flames with a big smile on her face.

"No this cannot be!" Andrew yelled.

"You can't stop Adimniss with dark magic!" Aughustus scolded Andrew.

"Andrew. . . . Give me what I want! Now!" Adimniss screamed. She quickly launched her shadow vines at him knocking him to the ground.

"This cannot be!" Andrew screamed.

Aughustus and TyrAnna saw that Adimniss had dropped her guard. Aughustus shot at Adimniss with his large machine gun. Her shadow vines deflected the bullets with some hitting the shield barrier that Sam was behind. While Adimniss was distracted Queen TyrAnna attacked her from the other side with her sword but another shadow vine blocked the attack.

Soon shadow vines had grabbed both Aughustus and TyrAnna squeezing them tightly.

"Aahhn Kitties are you feeling playful?" Adimniss asked as she tightened her grip. 

With separate shadow vines she created what looked like a ball of string. She threw them inside of the ball and with another set of shadow vines she ensnared the group of Protolians that were holding back the Grotesques, then she ensnared the Grotesques as well.

"It's play time!" Adimniss stated as she threw the Grotesques and Protolians into the ball with TyrAnna and Aughustus. The Protolians grew enraged as like Toido they did not like to be placed in tight spaces. 

The Grotesques were also extremely violent and thrashing around.

"Have fun with your playmates!" Adimniss screamed.

"No Mother! Father!" Candillice screamed. She ran towards the edge of the shield but she could not pass through to the other side. All Candillice could do was look on in horror.

"Now to find the deepest darkest pit this world has to offer! I Adimniss, Queen of the Shadows! Cast you down into it!" Adimniss said and she opened a portal with her own magic. She found a deep cliff and with a few bounces she threw the ball into the portal.

"Nooooooooo!" Candillice screamed as she watched her mother and father fall downward off the cliff.

Adimniss closed the portal.

"She is the Queen of the Shadows? I. . . .I've failed!" Candillice fell to the floor with tears in her eyes.

"Don't worry I am certain they will land on their paws!" Adimniss joked.

Adimniss walked towards Andrew who was still on the floor and insane with fear.

"Where is it? Where is my Quartanitz?" She screamed. She then turned her attention to the people behind the shield.

Kenneth backed up into Reegan's ship he knew he had the Quartanitz in the drone next to him inside of Tiya's statue. But Adimniss hadn't noticed him yet. Adimniss approached the shield barrier, she laughed at Candillice crying on the floor.

"Pathetic." she said. 

June ran as close as she could before Rufus restrained her.

"You! I hate you! You hurt my Mommy!" June yelled.