Chapter 3: Sword Unlocked

Tails looked like a standard yellow fox, except he was anthropomorphic (noticing a trend?) and he had two tails. He's also fluffy and adorable and I die for him. Agatha agrees with that sentiment.

Although I accepted that I was in a world filled with Sonic characters, I still couldn't believe that in front of me stood Tails the Fox, perhaps my favorite character besides the Blue Blur himself

Although I accepted that I was in a world filled with Sonic characters, I still couldn't believe that in front of me stood Tails the Fox, perhaps my favorite character besides the Blue Blur himself. I turned to Agatha, "I need you to pinch me again." I told her.

"What? Why?" she asked.

"To make sure I'm not dreaming!" I said, excitedly.

Knuckles spoke to Tails, "I found these two on my island, I thought they were there to steal the Master Emerald, but they claim to be from another dimension."

"Really? Another dimension?" Tails questioned Knuckles. Knuckles nodded in reply. "Seems a little hard to believe." Tails said. He then took a long look at us, and I swear my heart was racing. This had to have been a dream because I can't believe any of it is real. "Then again," he said, "I don't recognize them from around here."

Knuckles whispered loud enough for us to hear, "Not to mention none of us wear that much clothing." He was, of course, referring to the fact that not many Sonic characters wear much clothing at all, at least the male ones. I couldn't really think of an appropriate retort, so I just kept quiet. Tails walked up to me and inspected me, felt my jacket, looked at my quills, and I tried to keep still but honestly, It was just so strange and exciting and confusing all at the same time and I didn't know how to feel.

Agatha finally spoke up, "He's not some sort of creature, maybe you should back off a bit." She said, firmly. She had managed to give me some breathing room.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Tails apologized.

I was finally able to get a word in. "H-hi. I'm Cole, and this is my sister Agatha." I said, still trying to calm myself.

"Nice to meet you, Cole, I'm Tails the Fox." He introduced himself.

"I know," I said without thinking, and immediately covered my mouth.

"Lemme guess, Knuckles told you all about me?" Tails asked me.

"I didn't say a peep about you, just your name." Knuckles answered for himself.

"Oh, okay." Tails was convinced, and I was relieved. I think if these guys found out they were video game characters where I come from, they might have an existential crisis or something. It was enough that they knew we were from another dimension, which shouldn't bother them. They're no strangers to interdimensional beings. After all, they know Blaze the Cat.

"So what can I do for you guys?" He asked with open eyes. For a minute I was lost in thought and forgot what I was thinking about.

"Oh, uh, we think you'll wanna see what we got here in. You could make much more sense of it than Knuckles." Knuckles took no offense because he knew his limits.