Chapter Three

"Take me to the airport now," I command the driver.

"Mids Alexandra Wilkinson!" The driver objects.

"Alvarez is my last name!" I snap back.

"I object to this!"

I sigh. "My father will know about this!"

The driver refuses to give in. "Your father will know about this! Don't you have any idea of how dangerous it is out there?!"

I decide it's time to use the authority I own.

"You are under my command!" I say sternly. "You are not to object or else you will be fired! I am the President's daughter! Don't underestimate my authority!"

The driver falls silent.

"Now I will ask again. Take me to the airport... now!"

The driver nods.

With my ticket and travel documentation in hand, I climb into the black Audi before the driver can change his mind. I feel the car shudder as the driver loads my bag into the boot and slams the boot lid shut. I look behind me at the gleaming fence that protects my former home from intruders. It makes me feel as if I was living in a prison, surrounded by high fences, 24/7 security and other important government departments, that encase it as a moat does to a castle.

The memories start to flood my mind. The place where I had lived my rather enclosed and protected childhood was now going behind me. Would I ever see this place again? My time as being herded like a sheep has now ended and I knew that I would never be let inside those gates into a forgiving family again. After all, I have not said anything to my step-mum nor my step-siblings. I notice a shadow from one of the windows, and I realise it's Dad, who is watching my 'farewell.' Something tells me he hates me for leaving, hates me for ditching my home ever so suddenly. Tears engulf my eyes as the car screeches away from my former home. I don't look back...