Chapter Seven

"Alex, you have disrespected me."
I am on my knees, looking up at my father.
"Dad, I needed change," I insist.
I feel another blow to my back. I scream in agony.
"But Dad..." I sob.
"No buts!" Dad yells. "You're staying here with me in a maximum security bedroom and you won't be able to step outside! You have disrespected the nation..."
"With your scandal," I hear Nick whisper in my ear.
I ignore Nick's voice in my head.
"How could you... do this... to me?" I croak at Nick's voice rather than at Dad.
"Harry!" Dad calls.
"No no no," I sob. "No."
"Yes Mister President?" Harry asks while clicking his heels.
"Finish her!" Dad says sternly.
"As you wish," Harry replies.
"NO!" I scream. "NO! NO! NO! NO!"
I continue screaming as Harry forces me down on the ground as begins beating me. Tears are streaming down my face from the pain and anguish I am going through. Harry turns me around so I am facing him and continues to beat me. I try to block the blows with my arms, however, they are no use against the force of Harry's blows.
"H-harry," I cry. "Please."
Harry continues to show no mercy, while Dad watches on with a depressed look.
"I hate you!" I blurt out. "I hate you!"
Dad's depressed look is placed with anger.
"Jacob!" Dad yells.
"Yes Mister President?" Jacob asks.
"Get Alexander Johnson! Now! And beat him till the death! Make him go through as much pain as possible! Harry! Continue to beat her black and blue! Then organise a press conference so she can apologise to the nation!"
"Yes Mister President!" Jacob and Harry say simultaneously.
"NO NO DON'T!" I scream. "DON'T!"
Dad shoots me a dirty look. "Harry, tape her mouth!"
Harry stops beating me for a moment while he gets a piece of duct tape ready.
"Nick! I hate you!" I force out with venom in my voice. "I hate you! How could you do this?!"
Harry tapes my mouth.
"I should've known you'd be involved in a scandal!" he snaps.
I see nothing but black after another blow...

"Alexander... leave me alone!"
I am sitting in my hotel room, sobbing into my blankets on my bed.
"You chose me!" Nick snaps.
"You forced me to! Now the whole of America knows of our scan-"
"I warned you!"
The tears continue to gush out of my eyes.
"Oh come on, its only half bad," Nick says with an irritated voice.
I turn around to face Nick.
"Not that bad?!" I scream. "Now I'm gonna be trapped in a mental asylum with no privacy or anything! At least you can run away and hide!"
I storm out of my room. Nick follows.
"LEAVE ME ALONE YOU CREEP!" I shout.
Nick backs off back into my bedroom.
"You can come in if you want," he offers calmly. "Maybe we can think things over with a bit o-"
"NO!" I yell.
With that, I dart outside the hotel room and to my mother's grave...

Nick. A traitor. Everything but good in my dreams.
I am awake. It is dead silence in the cabin, only the sound of snoring as everyone sleeps. I listen for Nick's snoring, however, it is either non-existent or barely audible. I open my eyes and blink a few times to clear up my vision. I look around and immediately notice a bright light coming from the floor. I stretch my cramped hand out at the light and feel something rectangular. I then realise the rectangular object is a phone, probably Nick's phone. I pick the phone up and immediately notice it's mine, only that my contacts app is open. I scroll through and realise what Nick must've done...
Look through my phone to find out who I am.
Oh...you... player...