Chapter Seven

"So, did you guys fuck or something?"

Peter choked on his spit at Ned's question. He looked up at him with furrowed brows and rubbed his throat. Ned was looking at him with raised brows, waiting for an answer.

"What?" Peter croaked.

"You and MJ, did you fuck?" Ned nodded towards MJ, who was still sitting in the same chair as earlier, reading her book. Peter looked at her from behind the barbeque where they were cooking their dinner.

"Why would we- no!" Peter whipped his head back to Ned who raised his hands in defence.

"She's wearing your shirt and you're still shirtless!" Ned defended, his eyes getting wider and his voice more accusatory.

"Well- Ned, no!" Peter's voice cracked as he whispered. "I'm a virgin, you know that."

"I can't believe you're ten times hotter than me and you're the virgin in this situation."

"I--" Peter blushed and folded his arms. "I'm just, I'm waiting, for the right person."

"What's wrong with MJ?" Ned asked, ignoring Peter's innocence and awkwardness regarding the topic of conversation.

"Nothing is wrong MJ, I- She's- I'm a virgin and she's not. Besides, she hates my guts."

"The fact she's wearing your shirt says different." Ned hummed and gave a smug smile before turning over the sausages.

Peter sighed and shook his head, looking down at the food they were cooking before deciding to start grabbing cutlery. They really needed to do dishes sometime soon. He remembered MJ saying something about how she was excited to have falafel for dinner tonight, so he grabbed the mix from the cooler and started making it on the other side of the grill.

Ned gave him a weird look but he ignored it. Peter didn't know how this meal worked, so he decided five was a good number and made five falafel's that resembled something like a pattie. Peter wasn't really sure how he was supposed to cook them but he figured he was doing an acceptable job.

Ten minutes later he was presenting Michelle with a plate of food, including the salad that they had all planned on eating tonight. She looked up at him with a quirked brow and a small smile, watching him try to bite back a proud grin.
"You made my dinner?" She asked, putting her book down and taking the plate from him. Peter shrugged and smiled small, holding his hands behind his back and fiddling with his fingers. "You know how to cook falafel?"

"No, not really. I saw you making it on the first day so I just kind of- remembered."

Michelle shrugged and took a bite of one, her brows raising in surprise. "Not bad, I'm impressed."

Peter smiled and did a small bow, causing her to laugh a little and shake her head. Michelle took another bite and looked Peter up and down. He folded his arms over his still naked chest at the feeling of her eyes on him, suddenly feeling rather self-conscious around her.

He gestured behind him towards Ned and went to open his mouth to make an excuse but nothing happened. MJ understood anyway, shooing him away. Peter nodded at her sharply before going back to Ned who was looking at him with the most dumbfounded expression Peter had ever seen.

Peter furrowed his brows and raised his hands in a confused gesture. Ned shook his head and looked back to barbeque, mumbling something in a mocking voice about how Peter and MJ so didn't have sex.

________________________________________

Ned and Gwen were talking about Peter and MJ and they could not make it any more obvious. Gwen was pointing for godsakes, the two of them whispering behind their hands as if it was some sort of invisibility cloak.