Onward to Central

Hello! This is my first fanfic and, obviously, my first time in the fandom. I'm really excited to be getting into this, though I do have a request before you begin reading. I would like you to go to look a little bit at the character profiles. The links are down below. It's something I would appreciate and it would also help clear some things up in the story.

This is the DA URL to find the character profiles:  deviantart.com/talba0926

Anyway, I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist or its characters/plot/etc. I DO own my OCs and alterations to the original plot. Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

Edward and Alphonse Elric, after a long time of being away from their town of birth, returned to Resembool for the sake of repairing their bodies. Well, repairing them as much as they could with Edward's broken automail arm and Alphonse's armor which was half gone. Of course, like with any sort of work that requires great care and little to no room for mistakes, it would take time. That was something that, while necessary to reach their goal, was nonetheless frustrating.

Still, it gave them time to rest and recharge, something that would help them in the long run. It was a break from all of the constant chaos that had came and gone, and it was certain that it was only a break. Both brothers were certain that this wouldn't be the last of it, not by a long shot.

In the three days they were told it would take to recover from their last battle, however, they would encounter something else. Something that was approaching Resembool very quickly...

~~~

Three raps on the door alerted the Rockbell household of a visitor waiting for someone to answer. Perhaps it was a neighbor or even one of their customers or even a stranger. Whoever it was, Pinako Rockbell was the one to answer the door.

It was a young man, one that appeared to be in his early twenties. He had kind, dark eyes and a matching smile, making him seem like a polite young man. Despite how kind he looked, it was that military uniform that ignited mistrust in the older woman.

"Can I help you?"

He bowed slightly, "Good afternoon. I was told that Edward and Alphonse Elric were here for maintenance. I presume you're Madame Rockbell?"

"I am. Who might you be and what do you want with those boys?"

"My name is Allister. I'm a state alchemist and I was sent here to deliver a message. May I come in?"

She paused, soon nodded and stood to the side, "You may. I must say it's quite refreshing to have someone in the military who doesn't just barge into someone's home without permission."

He nodded back and entered the home. As he did, he chuckled, "With all do respect, I was raised better than to act like that, military or not."

"Hmm. That may be, or it may be that you haven't grown into it yet."

"I suppose we'll see, then. Now, may I please speak to the Elric brothers?"

"Certainly. Follow me and I'll take you to them," Pinako led Allister through the house to the back door. There, the Elric brothers and Major Armstrong were there. "Well, boys. It seems you have a visitor."

The brothers looked to this new guest as he stepped down the stairs. Another military official? Edward couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed. There was already one too many with him at the moment and now another one was thrown into the mix. What the hell did he want?

"Allister Conrad-Wu. I take it you're Edward Elric? The Fullmetal Alchemist?" he had a friendly smile as he stuck his hand out...to Alphonse.

Steam came out of Edward's ears as his brother corrected, "Uh, no. I'm Alphonse Elric. That's my brother right there."