Learning To Love Him 24

*****

*Corey*

Adan?

What was she talking about?

"Adan? Izabella, what are you talking about?" Sean asked glancing past her because she was still staring into the trees.

"Can't you see? It's Adan –" She tried to run forward but Sean tugged her back holding onto her hand securely.

"Izzy, there's no one there."

"He's walking away," She ignored what Sean said as she tried to pull away from him, "Sean, he's leaving – let me go. Adan! Wait! Why-why are you leaving?! Stay. Adan –" Her voice cracked as she called out in a desperate cry before she turned to try to shove away from Sean, "Let me go –" She pushed against his chest but he grabbed both her wrists.

"Izabella, listen to me, Babe... There is no one there." He repeated slowly.

I glanced back towards where she had been looking, he was right. There was no movement, no rustling, no one to see.

"No, no," Tears ran from Izabella's eyes now as her head shook, "He's right there! Can't you see –? Why can't you see him? He's-he's leaving – Sean, he's leaving. He can't leave again –" She sobbed. I felt my eyes sing as she continued to try to fight away from him, my chest tightening at how shattered she looked.

"Izabella –" Sean began.

"Trent?" Hayley's call drew my attention to her before my eyes drifted over everyone trying to spot Trent.

"Where is he?" Kaden whispered. I turned around to look further around us. He was gone.

"Trent?!" Jayden shouted.

"I'll be right back!" Trent's voice came from somewhere in the trees.

"I'll get him, stay here." I left towards where we had heard his voice come from, walking through the trees until I spotted him, "Trent?" I spoke slowly seeing him standing alone, smiling as he looked into nothing before he turned to me, his smile unwavering.

"She's here," He whispered, "I thought... I thought she was gone for-forever..."

"What are you talking about?" I glanced behind him. There really was no one around us.

'It's the forest.' Hearing Sean's voice in my head made me furrow my brows.

'How are we linking right now?' I asked.

'I have no idea. It seems whoever cast the spell on this place missed out on a few things.' He replied, 'It's the forest.'

'What?'

'Remember those stores we used to get told about the forest that gave you want you wanted most? This is that forest. Izabella wants Adan and now he's supposedly here but she's the only one that can see him because it's what she wants most.' He explained.

I nodded in realisation even though he could not see me. He was right. 'But those stories... Didn't they always end in death?' I linked back before being drawn from the link as Trent began to move. "Trent, wait," I called to him.

"She's leaving, she wants me to follow." He looked at me with the happiest smile I had ever seen him give before turning back to the trees, "I'm coming. Babe."

Oh no.

'Don't let her follow Adan.' I linked Sean before I ran over to Trent to grab hold of his arm.

"Corey, what-what are you doing? She's leaving. Corey, let me –" He tried to pull his arm from my hand but even without our werewolf abilities, I was much stronger than he was.