Chapter 3

"Sapphire", I said stunned. "Hey", she said in her singsong voice. She moved her blue-dyed bangs out of her face and I looked into her light brown eyes. Damn, she was gorgeous. I had known her all my life and never noticed attractive she was until junior year of high school, when we started dating. It was Tom's idea to set us up and we were both against it at first. We thought it would be awkward since we had been best friends since kindergarden. But as always Tom insisted. We went on a couple dates and to be honest it WAS awkward at first. After the third date I got the chance to kiss her. And i did. After that we gradually started to get more and more romantic until we fell in love. We were together until the summer after high school graduation when her parents got divorced. She was having a rough time with it and we were always fighting. One night I was at her house and we were fighting over some small thing that I can't quite recall. She was yelling and I was yelling and somewhere between all that yelling I realized that this wasn't working. "Sapphire..." I said looking down. My eyes were teary and red. She looked absolutely insane. Her eyes wild and her hair messed up. She stood on the opposite side of the room. "This isn't working..." I said quietly. "Yea", she replied. I nodded and turned around, closing the door to her room as I walked out. Her parents weren't home so I let myself out. that was the last time I talked her. I see her a lot during the day since we have several classes together.I was brought back to reality by her voice. "Long time no see" she said before taking a swig of her drink. I could tell by the distant look in her eyes she was already tipsy. That was probably the only reason she came up to me in the first place. "Yea. Sure has been awhile.", I chuckled. "So what brings you to this lovely party, dear?", she said with a devious glare in her eye. She had only called me "dear" a couple times and it was always when she was either drunk or horny. Or both. "You, actually.", I said with a sly smile. I knew Tom and Aaron and the rest of the guys were whooping and cat-calling at us by now but I was so entranced by her eyes that I didn't hear them. "Hey c'mere, I've got something to show you." she said, smiling. "Hm. Sounds intriguing.", I said as she grabbed my hand pulling me through the grinding couples and drunk lovers, a dizzy rush of colors flooding my mind. I could here her giggling her sexy little giggle that I didn't know how much I missed until now. She turned around once we were in the middle of the crowd and pulled me into her grinding into me. The music beat along with my pulse, the bass throbbing, my blood rushing, we danced to the music. Our bodies pressed together we moved along with the crowd, she turned around and pressed her butt into me as I grabbed her hips and pulled her into me even harder than before. After a couple songs we moved out of the crowd. By then I had a couple drinks and my face felt warm and fuzzy. My mind was rushing and I had a million things on my mind, all of which involved what was about to happen with me and Sapphire. I filled up my cup and followed her to the stairs where the guys were sitting. I don't know where they were now. Probably in the backyard getting high. She lead me by my hand into a bedroom on the left and pulled me in giggling. I shut the door behind me and she attacks me with kisses pushing me against the door before I have a chance to lock it. I pull away. "What's going on here? What- what are you doing?" I stumbled over my words not wanting to ruin the moment but also trying to find out her intentions. "Well I'm trying to do you but you won't shut up.", she said playfully, trying to kiss me again. I pulled away again. "But why?", I needed to know if this was just gonna be a one night stand. "Because you're attractive, would you SHUT UP now?", she said smiling a drunken smile. I looked at her and she leaned in again. I let her kiss me this time. I put my hands on her waist and and walked towards the bed, pushing her with me. She fell onto the bed and I leaned over her. She whispered my name as I kissed her into the night.