Chapter 1

"Sage!", my roommate, Tom, called from our tiny bathroom. "What?", I said as he poked his head out the door. "Are you comin' to this party with me or not, man?". I looked up from my text book and bit the inside of my cheek. "I dunno.", I mumbled. He walked out with a towel around his waist, his wet hair sticking up in all directions, and looked at me "Well I'm leaving in ten minutes. Better decide fast.", he said, "Sapphire is gonna be there.". I laughed. "What makes you think I care about Sapphire?". He pulled on his sleeveless Chelsea Grin shirt and put on some cologne. "Because you miss her, that's why.". I frowned. "Where, may I ask, did you get that information?". As he laced up his jet black Vans he said, "I dunno, I can just tell. I mean you guys dated for two years. Its not like you dropped your feelings for her after that."

I looked down. I stood up and walked into the bedroom, smiling. "Let's go, Sherlock" I said, a little embarrassed that he noticed that I still had feelings for my high school sweetheart. I took a quick shower and changed. I pulled on a pair of grey jeans and a black muscle shirt. I walked out of the room and grabbed Tom's car keys as he walked out the door. I looked back into our small one bedroom dorm. "Be back soon" I said not knowing how utterly wrong I was....