Chapter 4

“Wake up.” I said as I pulled my hands off my faced. Unfortunately I was still in my backyard and when I looked to my side Eddy was staring at me. “Agh!” I yelped as I fell backwards on the hard ground “Ow!” That was going to leave a bruise. “Are you okay sir!” He said concerned. “My name is Oren, and why did you fucking do that?!" I’m so pissed right now. “You seemed distressed Oren, so I wanted to see if you were okay.” He said innocently. I sat up and regained my composure. “What am I supposed to do with this information? Let you inside?” I can't help but to feel frustrated with this situation. This boy just appeared out of nowhere and subsequently ruined my morning, possibly my day. After a couple seconds he responds with “If you would be so kind as to let me inside I swear to leave by tomorrow.” I'm seriously considering letting him inside at this point. I can't let a stranger in my home, but he seems so desperate. I'll take my chances, this guy is just so pitiful, and he has those eyes that just scream innocence. “Ehhhh, I guess I'll let you inside,” as I said this his face immediately lit up with glee. “Oh! Thank you Oren!” Eddy exclaimed excited and before I could get up he hugged me right for a second before letting go. I cleared my throat as he let go and stood up, he mirrored me. I got my bearings and said “Just be quiet once we get inside my family is still asleep.” He responded in a hushed voice “Of course. Quiet as a shrew.” A different iteration, but got the point across “Okay, follow me. Missy!” I called for her and she came running up to me and jumped excitedly. I walked up to the sliding glass doors that led into the house. I slowly opened the doors, looked around, and it's empty. I gestured for Eddy to follow me inside. He cautiously followed me throughout the living room. We successfully make it to and up the stairs, granted my houses floorboards aren't especially loud, this house isn't very old. All was well until I heard footsteps down the upstairs hallway. I quickly, but quietly shuffled both me and Eddy into a weird closet full of our cleaning supplies. Once the footsteps returned back to their respective room I looked back over to Eddy who was just staring at me again. “Would you quit that! We can leave now.” I creaked the door open  just enough to scout out the hallway. No humans in sight, good. I let out a sigh of relief and gestured for Eddy to started following me again. We eventually made it all the way to my room and I just flopped on to my couch. Eddy gently sat on the other end of the couch, why does he keep on staring at me, it’s getting  creepy. “Why don't you have eyes?” What Eddy said caught me off guard and I turned and looked at him to see if he was just yanking my chain. Nope, this kid was being completely sincere. “Of course I have eyes! I just don’t like… the way they look.” I said hesitant of his reaction. Oh great, now he just looks more curious. “What do your eyes look like?” Wow, that’s nosy of him. “Pssh, like I’d show you. We just met, I’m not gonna immediately tell my life's story.” I know it sounds silly, but I’m not really ready to tell him why my hair covers my eyes.