Chapter 6

Happy Birthday VMKhan786
A small gift for you and I hope you'll like it.

After folding my prayer mat, I went outside in the balcony. The sweet voice of the birds humming, welcomed my ear. Soft breeze blowing past me, making me shiver as I wrapped a shawl around me, rubbing my forearm.

A new day.

A new begining.

From today onwards, I won't show him my weakness. He don't want to see my face, I won't show. He don't want to hear my voice, I won't speak.

Two years....of repenting, apologizing and I still got hate from him. Tsk tsk, but now...this needs to stop.

He has to look beyond my face.
He has to notice the difference between new and old.
He has to give me my rights as a wife.

I'm no more a weak, pathetic woman. I've fought to survive and I know how to take my place where I deserved to be.

Deep down, I know that long time back, Ashar has forgiven me. It is his ego, that is not letting him down the veil of hate which he keeps on broadcasting every now and then!

And I also know that he loves me alot!
If he wouldn't have loved me then he wouldn't have married me no matter what the situation demanded! He wouldn't have broke the deal with that man only for me. But then again, he called me a hustler.

A drop carelessly felled down from the corner of my eyes and I quickly wiped it away. No, I'm not suppose to cry. I won't cry. Not anymore. I won't let his words affect me anymore.

Turning around, I glanced at the wall clock, it was six. A yawned escaped my mouth. Today was Sunday, so I don't need to worry about waking Shezan or Ashar up. I decided to sleep for awhile.

I didn't remember for how long I was asleep, but Shezan's laughter, woke me up. Abruptly sitting on the bed, I glanced at the clock, it was ten.

"Shit!!" Murmuring, I rushed to the washroom, freshening up, I came out. I didn't looked for any particular outfit, just took out the first one which came into my hand.

White Leggings with a Pink and white shaded kurta with the same coloured dupatta. I quickly got ready and since today only we three are there in the house, so I skipped my hijab, before rushing downstairs.

Shezan must be hungry.

And the fact that every Sunday, the maids take off from work.

Rushing on the stairs, almost tripping twice, before I was finally standing in the hall room. Running towards the dining room, I abruptly stopped when I saw Ashar feeding Shezan.

"Momma!" Shezan greeted with a mouth full of bread and omllette toast.

Smiling, I ruffled his hair. "Sorry, Momma slept a little over!"

"It's okay....Daddy made me the breakfast!" He replied gulping.

I could feel his stare on me but today it didn't affect me.

"So what's your plan for today?" I asked Shezan

"We'll be going out today!!" He screamed.

"No, I can't!" I said.

"Why?" He pouted

"Momma has to complete some work or else my boss is gonna give me a good scolding!!" I smiled, he chuckled.

No, I didn't work in Ashar's Company but instead I work as an editor in a publishing house.

"But today's Sunday!" He whined