Chapter 17: Highclere Family

Ava sat in the back of the carriage with Paladin and Archer, both of whom threw their cloaks off the carriage the moment they got on. For the entire journey to the Capital, Ava had been asking Archer a bunch of questions while Paladin was reading the book about the bubbleshield.

"So the girl that you were trying to save turned out to be Lady Diana?" asked Ava.

"Yup, apparently she didn't need any saving. It pissed me off, I went through all that trouble for nothing." replied Archer.

Paladin closed the book about the bubbleshield and put it down next to him, he yawned. Reading the book made him feel tired.

"So Paladin, how did you arrive into the world?" asked Ava, Paladin turned to look at her.

"I fell out of the sky," he said, Archer turned to look at him.

"You wanna elaborate on that?" asked Ava, she motioned her hand in a spinning motion. Paladin shook his head.

"It's pretty self explanatory, I fell out of the sky. I landed on the ground, I woke up in a bed, left that bed and walked into a library. Shocked, fell asleep, Woke up again. You get what I'm saying?" said Paladin, Ava didn't fully understand by what he meant by falling out of the sky. So she turned back to Archer.

"So Archer, I heard you later had interactions with the Icarus Cult?" asked Ava.

"Oh yeah, after I was fooled by Lady Diana, I rushed over to the cult's position. I found them surrounding a hill and saw Paladin and the other elven girl Ashley being surrounded." replied Archer, he looked over to the left side of the road and saw a massive stone pillar. It was as tall as a skyscraper. "What the hell is that?" he asked, Ava scooched over in her seat, and looked at the Pillar.

"Oh, that's the Pillar of the Great Burning Minotaur, Legend says that House Odin defeated it long ago, but wasn't able to destroy its body. So, they built a giant pillar to keep it housed into the ground. Like a magical barrier of the sorts, they have done this in many places." she said, Paladin who was still sort of listening to them. Closed his eyes, and started to drift away.

"So... they really didn't defeat him, he's effectively still alive." said Archer, Ava then motioned her hands. Balancing them out, visually representing the movement of a weight balancer.

"Well, they did defeat him. They just weren't able to destroy him. According to the legend. Cesar and the Great Wizard conversed, agreeing that they place the minotaur below the giant pillar. Then, they would place a very strong and powerful magical barrier to surround it. To stop anyone from opening the pillar or to stop the prisoner from escaping." said Ava, Archer scratched his chin.

"How long ago was this?" asked Archer.

"They defeated the Great Burning Minotaur centuries ago, back before the Kingdom of Orion even existed. When, the Kingdom was still just the Human Kingdom." replied Ava.

"What's the difference between the Human Kingdom of and the Kingdom of Orion?" asked Archer, he looked at Ava who was tapping her mouth with the palm of her hand.

"Ummm... what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm thinking," she replied, Archer turned his head slightly.

"That's an odd way of thinking, I've never seen anybody tap their mouths with the palm of their hand before." he continued to look at her, she stopped shortly after he made his comments.

"So the difference between the Human Kingdom and the Kingdom of Orion is pretty simple, the Human Kingdom was made of just regular humans. The Kingdom of Orion, includes Regular Humans, Human Dwarves, Human Beasts, and gives citizenship to Elves of various races." said Ava.