Chapter 38: Access Denied

Paladin and Lady Athena walked down the stone road in the market place towards the Dungeon Tower, Delta was sitting on his shoulder as they walked down the stone road. Listening to the conversation between Paladin and Lady Athena.

"So Paladin, how do you plan to fight Captain Cassius? Like, are you going to have a certain strategy for the duel?" asked Lady Athena.

"Uhh---" Paladin scratched the back of his head, he didn't have any specific plan for fighting Captain Cassius other than to prepare by farming the dungeon. He assumed that was the best way to do it. "I'm just going to wing it,"

Lady Athena stopped immediately from where she was, Paladin walked a little pass her before stopping. He turned around to look at her, confused on why she stopped.

"So you're going to fight Captain Cassius, the Royal Captain of the Royal Knights and you're not going to have a specific plan on fighting him?" she asked.

"Yep, is there a problem with that?" asked Paladin, he placed his hand under his chin and looked up at one of the buildings.

Lady Athena bit her lip while looking at him, she couldn't help but think about how stupid it was for Paladin to go in to fight Captain Cassius without a plan. Even if the man standing in front of her was Cesar's reincarnate, and even if the man standing in front of her might've been strong enough. She was worried about Paladin, but she didn't want to show it. Now, she wanted to get to the dungeon even quicker than before. The only way to directly make Paladin better was to farm with him in the dungeon

"Yes, there is alot of problems with a plan like that. Captain Cassius is one of the most skilled Royal Knights alive. There isn't many people better than him in the world. Plus, he was able to kill--" Lady Athena would quickly bite her tongue, she didn't want to say the next part as it could possibly anger Paladin. He looked down at Lady Athena, and was confused.

"Are you going to finish what you were going to say?" asked Paladin, Lady Athena shook her head.

"Nevermind what I was going to say, how about we go into the dungeon now?" she asked while smiling. Before Paladin could respond, she walked past him and walked towards the dungeon. Paladin watched her and was extremely confused. But, he needed to focus.

"Delta, do me a favor and while I'm in the dungeon do some scouting around. See if you can find anything out about the Lost Inquisitor," said Paladin.

"Isn't that the job of Archer and Jingks?" asked Delta.

"Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt to have you help aswell." replied Paladin.

Delta sighed, he didn't expect to do anything today. Seeing that the last time they went to the dungeon he slept almost the entire time.

"Alright, I'll let you know what I see." Delta flew off the shoulders of Paladin and flew into the sky. Paladin watched Delta as he flew away, and then he looked ahead at Lady Athena, who was holding her hands on her hips.

"Are you coming? I've been impatiently waiting for you." said Lady Athena, while she looked at him with a stern face.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm coming." he said, he then walked over to her.

~

Paladin and Lady Athena walked into the Golden Lobby of the Dungeon Tower, they were ready to go farming in the dungeon. They walked over to the stairwell to go up the Tower that was in the right hand side of the room, as they walked over many of the dungeon clerks began watching them and were whispering to each other. Then suddenly, Evilyne came out of nowhere and stopped the two of them.

"Excuse me Lady Athena, and Paladin." Evilyne said, she then turned to look at Paladin. "But we cannot grant you entry into the dungeon today."

Paladin scratched the back of her head, he was confused on why he wouldn't be given access to the dungeon. Curiously however, Evilyne recognized Paladin even though he was wearing the armor of House Athena.