8

Freddie woke up and looked over to the clock. It read '1:46 am'. He sighed which turned into a yawn. Freddie sat there in the silence of the house. It was unusual. No Brian humming tunes to his next hit, no Roger screaming, no John laughing. Silence.

Freddie thought he heard a noise. He stayed as still as a statue to see if he could hear it again. It sounded like crying. Freddie stood up and went towards his door. He worked out that the noise was coming from John's room. He knocked on the door next to his.

"John? John, dear. I'm coming in" Freddie said quietly

He turned the handle and opened the door, shutting it carefully behind him.

"What's wrong?" Freddie asked, standing at the end of the bed

John patted beside him on the bed. Freddie sat down next to him. John was frantically wiping the tears away but they wouldn't stop. Freddie pulled him into a hug.

"You don't need to say anything. Not until you're ready. But I'm listening, I'll always listen" Freddie put his hand through John's hair. That used to calm him down before and it seemed to be working.

"It's scary Freddie. Regaining my memory" John sniffled

"Oh John" Freddie squeezed him tighter

"I'm sorry for upsetting you" John said

"I'm not upset dear" Freddie loosened his grip on John, sensing he was a lot calmer

"Don't lie Fred, I heard you crying earlier" John looked at Freddie dead in the eye

"I'm just sad you can't remember me. That's it. Roger keeps saying you will. I'm sure you will do it's ok" Freddie rambled a bit

"I'm scared I won't remember you. What we had, it sounds like it meant everything to the both of us" John gazed into Freddie's eyes

"You still mean everything to me John" Freddie said as a matter of fact

"Thank you. I feel guilty though, I don't even know you" John sat up. Freddie copied and sat up too. He put a hand on the younger mans back

"It's ok" Freddie smiled

"Thanks" John sighed

Freddie went to kiss John again but like every time before, John dodged it. Freddie closed his eyes in embarrassment.

"I'll go" Freddie jumped up, shaking a bit

"No please don't go!" John called out

Freddie stopped walking and turned to see John. John had his arm reached out towards Freddie. His eyes were teary again. His eyes pleading for Freddie to come back.

"Why won't you kiss me?" Freddie said, low and quiet

John didn't reply but Freddie didn't ask again. He couldn't upset John. Freddie was still stood there, in a daze. He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw John's face in front of him. John then hugged Freddie.

"I'm sorry" John sobbed

"No. I'm sorry" Freddie cried a bit too. The frontman wrapped his arms around the bassist.

"Freddie" John said

"John" Freddie cut him off, "I'm going to take you out to dinner tomorrow"

"You don't have to" John mumbled into Freddie's chest, "I wouldn't be surprised if you never want to speak to me"

"Why would I ever do that? I still love you John. I just have to find a way to make you remember me. You remembered Brian for his hair, Roger for his screaming. I've tried my looks, my speech...so it has to be an action you remember me by, surely" Freddie rambled again, "if I take you to dinner in the same place I took you on our first date then maybe something will come back"

"O-ok" John said shakily