Meeting Tanya

"Open your eyes slowly.,.then let it go...breathe softly," the penetrating voice echoed through my ears. "Now help me recall the first time it happened." 

Hyacinth was reluctant for a few minutes and after which, she straightened herself and sat firmly on the beige couch. "It was a company outing of my dad. He brought me along with my mom for the beach get away. My little sister was sick at that time so she couldn't go." Then the next words and phrases just flowed out of her in a lining fashion. "At one point, it was only me and my dad on the waterfront. He invited to go further and go deeper into the waves. He promised me he'd rescue me when I got too frightened."

Ms Tanya Whitebread leaned closer and caressed my back like a motherly touch. "Did you follow him?", she insinuated. 

Then Hyacinth'e eyes brimmed and widened. "He cajoled that he's teach me the basics of swimming. "

Tanya guided me through my hard confession. "Did he really teach you that?".

Unrepentant and unbent, Hyacinth recalled every bit and piece of detail of the beach bonding. "I was excited at first at the thought of finally being led to swimming basics. Although I already knew how to float and glide smoothly in the water, I was less brave in trying the other strokes. And then he volunteered to teach me the dog paddle." 

"Dog paddle?". Tanya was flabbergasted. 

"When he touched me initially, I had full confidence in him," Hyacinth gulped. "Later on, I felt his hands were reaching out to other places of my body."

"Such as..." Tanya was unnerving herself for my next move. 

"When his hands reached my underneath, I began to squirm." 

"Why?".

"Because I felt it wasn't right. The touch was nothing like I've ever felt before. It wasn't daddy like...it was something else. I couldn't describe it vividly. I was confused because it felt good and bad at the same time."

"Why did it give you a good feeling?". Tanya whispered in a commanding tone. 

"It was ticklish..."

"How old were you then Hyacinth?".

"Nine," Hyacinth bit her lower lip.

Tanya pulled her notepad and scribbled some very significant points of the interaction. "At nine, were you already aware of sexual stuff".

Hyacinth resolved her composure. "It was before the Internet age. Kids like us were not yet exposed to that kind of vulgar thing. "

Tanya paused for a while and finished the last drops of brewed coffee on the table. 'What were you wearing at that episode?".

"My yellow swimsuit."