Chapter 8

Sorry for the wait guys, i wanted to get 2 chapters done before i uploaded this one! chapter 9 will also be out today so keep reading!

thanks for reading!

~Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The white haze in my vision didn’t really go away until we reached my doorstep. Cale had to repeat his goodbye 5 times before I snapped out of my dazed state.

“I’ll see you at school on Monday, don’t tell Shay without me alright?” He asked

“I won’t, I’ll see her tomorrow anyway, she promised to tutor me since I’m falling behind in Spanish class.” I said, finnaly finding my voice again.

“God… I’m so glad you said yes.” Cale sighed, to himself mostly.

“Why’s that?” I asked, opening the door.

“Because I’ve had a crush on you since grade 4.” He smiled.

“I thought you said-“ I began

“No, I said I’d been wanting to ask you out since your birthday, not that I’ve been crushing on you since then.” Cale smiled. I turned, hiding my blush. I heard Cale’s chuckle and I turned back to him.

“See you on Monday.”

“I’ll call you before then.” Cale smiled

“Alright… see you then.” I smiled. He kissed my cheek quickly before running down the road to his house. I mumbled a hi to my mom, who was doing work in the study. I walked down the hall, not really noticing where I was going. The next thing I knew I was on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I felt a warm feeling go up through my feet then flow to my whole body. I didn’t realise how long I was lying there until mom knocked on my door to tell me it was dinner time. I ate the noodle salad she had made without saying anything. She eyed me wearily, obviously sick of my “attitude”. I mumbled something about calling shay and she let me go without a word. Shay picked up on the first ring.

“Luna! I thought you’d forgotten about me!” She said, eagerness filling her voice.

“No! how could I?” I asked, trying to put some emotion into my voice.

“So are we still on for Spanish tutoring at your place tomorrow?” She asked excitedly.

“Sure thing! What unit are we up to?”

“Unit three!” She commanded.

“Alright, see you then!” I said, trying to sound upbeat.

The phone went silent and I went back to my room. I picked up lord and cuddled him in my arms.

“Can you believe it…?” I asked the cat, not expecting a response.

“I mean… how can he think of me as nice or pretty?” Lord tried to scramble from my arms.

“I’m not though… do you think he’ll dump me as soon as he figures out I'm no where near good enough?” Lord managed to squeeze out of my iron grip and was now sitting contently on my desk. I looked at him and smiled to myself. I got into my pyjamas quickly and hopped into bed. I wasn’t really that tired but I knew I needed my rest.

My sleep wasn’t interrupted and I didn’t dream during the night. Shay arrived at 11:00 and we worked on Spanish for an hour before we were both too bored to continue. After, we went out into my garden and shay kicked the soccer ball around the large expanse of grass. I watched her, only half taking it in. Yesterday was still clear in my mind and I could barely focus on the present.