Chapter Nine

Eleanor's POV

     Any bit of blood that I had in my body ran out as soon as I recognized my dad's voice. For some reason I couldn't move away from Jasper's lips despite what was going on around me.

    "What are you two doing? Get off of her!" My Fathers voice manages to get louder.

    So I pull myself away from Jasper's lips, I stand up in front of Jasper and speak.

    "There is no need to yell. Jasper and I were kissing, it's not even the first time it's happened today!" I finish off with a blush.

    "Honey, you're just confused. You just got back home, back to me." My mom's voice quivers a bit at the end of her sentence.

    "I know I just got back, but I also know that this is meant to be. Ask Edward, or ask Alice! They'll both tell you that despite everything that's happened was meant to be. I love Jasper, and he loves me too. I am his bloodsinger and that's why it hurt both him and I to be apart for as long as we were." I say as Jasper stands beside me and holds my hand, entangling our fingers together.

     By now, Edward is outside smiling proudly, Grandma and Grandpa are holding each other close with faint smiles on their faces, even Alice is outside listening to me. Mike is standing in the doorway with a straight look on his face. When I look at him it's like a punch to the gut despite the fact that I'm in love with Jasper.

    My Mom and Dad look over at Edward and Alice for affirmation, both give my parents a small nod and with that my parents look over at Jasper and I.

    Both my parents' shoulders move as though they were letting go of a deep breath.

   "Please stay safe, and please don't leave us again if things go sour. I don't want to lose you ever again." My Mom says before she kisses my forehead softly.

    My Dad on the other hand gets in Jaspers face. "If you ever hurt her or put her in harm's way, you will have to deal with me."

   Jasper nods and gives my hand a small, reassuring squeeze. I'm more than a 100% positive that he's trying to help keep everyone's mood calmer. This time I don't mind him using his gift on me, it helped me relax a little instead of feeling guilty about Mike. None the less, I still need to talk to him. It wasn't fair to get his hopes up about staying here with me.

    "Now will everyone just give us our privacy?" I say with annoyance in my voice.

    And with that everyone slowly went back inside, except for Grandma, Alice, and my parents. A bit of anxiety flaired up as I wondered what everyone wanted. One of the "perks" of being a hybrid is my steady heartbeat just like a humans, but just like a humans heart it can increase with stress. I'm sure everyone in the house could hear it pounding. I nod for Jasper to go into the house before sitting down again.

    "What now?" My voice still heavy with annoyance.

    "Are you sure this is what you want?"  Grandma spoke softly.

    "Yes, I am beyond sure. I understand all of you are worried and I promise you I have everything under control." I try to keep my breathing steady.

     "Why now? Why not before? And how would Alice have known?" My mother spits question after question at me.

     "Alice knew for the obvious reasons, she can see the future and she was with him. She knew what was supposed to happen. I wasn't sure before, plus I couldn't handle being around Bella. I know that I'm going to stay, I've missed my family and I'm not going to leave any time soon." I roll my eyes getting more annoyed with the situation.

     So before anyone said anything I stood to my feet and walked in the house. I get up the stairs to the living room and everyone is staring. Great. I put on a fake smile and kiss Grandpa on the cheek softly goodnight, then I wave to China Doll and Jake before heading to my room. Honestly I'm not even sure how things are going to go from now on but I don't care I'm too tired to worry. Although I am worried about Mike but he's no where to be found. He's probably on a run after what happened outside.

     Once I get to my room I turn the light on and see Jasper laying in my bed as if he was asleep. So I slowly walk over to him and move my covers off of him playfully. He smiles up at me with his dimpled grin. I straddle his hips, pinning him to the bed.

    "Who said you could stay over? I might not be that type of girl." I smile with a nonchalant shrug.

    "My apologies ma'am, but I don't think you'd mind." He smiles devilishly before flipping us over and pinning me under his body. He grips my wrists tight, my breathing hitches in my throat a bit. I know he won't hurt me but I've never felt him grip my body so tight.

    I'm sure my heart beat sped up beneath his fingertips, after a minute or so he let go of my wrists and softly kissed my cheek. I blush in response to the kiss, but thankful that he let go of me.

    I lean up and kiss him on his lips softly. "You're welcome to stay here if you'd like, but it might be a bit boring just watching me sleep." My voice is soft.

   "I don't mind, it makes me feel human again to lay with you as you sleep." His voice quiets as he finishes speaking.

     I softly nod, not trying to pry. He gently lays down beside me under the covers, then reaches over and turns the light out. I smile and cuddle close to him regardless of his cold skin, the blankets keep me warm. He leans down and presses his lips against my forehead gently while he rubs my back. We don't speak much after our playful tussle, but tomorrow we will have to talk about what's going to happen, along with what's happened today. Right now all I can think about is sleep, I look up at Jasper just before my eyes flutter shut.

     I'm alone in the woods hunting, except there's someone hiding in the woods. It looks like a baby, it somewhat looks like me. That can't be possible, I don't think I can have children, and frankly after hearing Bella's experience, I'm not sure I'd want to. I slowly stand in front of the baby, it's wrapped in a Nirvana tee-shirt. It's me as a baby, a woman slowly appears, she kneels beside the baby and whispers something before she runs off into the woods. I try to yell to her but she can't hear me, my throat feel's raw. I look back into the woods and a matted, black wolf comes out and sniffs the baby before running after the woman. The baby coos as the wolf leaves, I try to run after the woman and the wolf but everything goes black as a blood curdling scream of a woman pierces the darkness.

    And with that I awaken in panic with a bead of sweat gathered at my brow...